The Halloween Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw 19 of them. Call me strange, but... a few of these I wouldn't have called "Horror"- For example, the original "Frankenstein" strikes me as more sad/tragic than horrifying. The creature starts off as rather innocent- I remember the scene where he reached for the sunlight shining down into the lab where Dr Frankenstein has him basically imprisoned... and there's a later scene (usually cut from the film) that shows the creature throwing the little girl who's playing with him into the water because he doesn't know any better, although a later scene makes it clear that the creature killed her. He looks scary and he's dangerously strong, but in the beginning at least, he's not malevolent at all.

I thought of another one not on the list that scared the mess out of me when I was, at most, 10: "The Atomic Submarine". The creature the sub's crew battles is scary-looking, and a few crew members die horribly.

@KLS52 and @Moll Flanders I can't wait to watch "The Slashstreet Boys" with sound!!!!

"I''ll kill you that way...." and the reactions of their fans with signs in the video is priceless! "Jason, I hate water too!"

Last edited:
When I was young, there was a movie theater in Lake Park and on Saturday afternoons they would show the Vincent Price movies. I spent many enjoyable hours there while my mother shopped! I wish those movies would come back on TV sometime!

Reactions: Val and Amy SF
Status
Not open for further replies.