The Halloween Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it’s flattering for you to say so, but that is David Bowie. I’m afraid I’ll have to disagree.
Well, it’s flattering for you to say so, but that is David Bowie. I’m afraid I’ll have to disagree.

Regardless of who the man is you are far nicer looking. Please let me voice my opinion.:p

It’s that time of year again!

And look what’s coming to a movie theater near you!

This is meant to be a direct sequel to the original 1978 movie, and suggests that the events of all the other sequels never occurred. (Source: Article in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly magazine)

Last edited:
That’s a pretty good list of movies. I’m waiting for Hocus Pocus to be on later in the month. And Practical Magic.

I love It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and wouldn’t mind seeing Ernest Scared Stupid, Nightmare Before Christmas, Casper and the Adams Family.

Reactions: Val
The new Halloween film looks so good!:jump:

I watched a film on Netflix yesterday - Friday the 13th A New Beginning, 1985. The dialogue and acting was appalling and when the killer was revealed it didn't make any sense. I didn't even really notice the character in the film.:rofl:
I just read this article it says the "twist" of the killer is easily the worst twist in the entire Friday the 13th franchise.

The Bloodiest, Most Deranged 'Friday the 13th' Movie

One of the worst films I've ever seen!

I watched Freddy vs Jason vs Ash on YouTube as well.:lol:

Last edited:
The new Halloween film looks so good!:jump:

I watched a film on Netflix yesterday - Friday the 13th A New Beginning, 1985. The dialogue and acting was appalling and when the killer was revealed it didn't make any sense. I didn't even really notice the character in the film.:rofl:
I just read this article it says the "twist" of the killer is easily the worst twist in the entire Friday the 13th franchise.

The Bloodiest, Most Deranged 'Friday the 13th' Movie

One of the worst films I've ever seen!

I watched Freddy vs Jason vs Ash on YouTube as well.:lol:
Oh Hell, no. :no: :hide:

The 15 Best (Not Scary) Halloween Movies

I haven't ever seen “IT’S THE GREAT PUMPKIN, CHARLIE BROWN” all the way through.

I haven't seen the Christmas one either.
I've seen some of these and parts of others- "Beetlejuice" in particular is a blast! But there was another comedy-horror one starring Shari Belafonte-Harper and Levar Burton: "The Midnight Hour"; I thought it was pretty good.

Reactions: Val
I got just 8. Horror is not one of my favorite movie genres, some of the movies listed I saw so long ago I barely remember them, and some other horror movies I’ve seen aren’t listed, such as An American Werewolf in London and Re-Animator.

I got 25 though I may have seen a couple more. I would like to see some of the newer ones; I just don't go to movies.
You don't have to go to movies.... I'm a movie junkie & I haven't seen a full-length feature in the theatre since 1998! :rofl:

Seriously, though... you should watch Zombieland. I think you'll f*cking love it! :D (It's fun, it's written by the guys who wrote Deadpool)

Last edited:
I feel like they don’t have enough “older” films on there, otherwise I would have gotten a higher score. I used to thrive on horror movies. Not so much anymore, which is why I haven’t seen the newer ones.

I feel like they don’t have enough “older” films on there, otherwise I would have gotten a higher score. I used to thrive on horror movies. Not so much anymore, which is why I haven’t seen the newer ones.

These are “most-watched”. I don’t know how they determined which movies fit into that category. I’m pretty sure most of the young people and millennials who read BuzzFeed have never seen the classic Universal horror films of the 1930’s such as Frankenstein and Dracula, or the horror films of the 1950’s that featured such genre stars as Vincent Price and Peter Cushing, so IMO the list on BF is pretty short and incomplete. I personally would have a longer list in case there are hardcore horror fans or old movie lovers checking off the films.

Status
Not open for further replies.