The Halloween Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do the cute and fun side of Halloween, we do pass out fun treats to the trick or treaters, if our church does a trunk or treat and fall fest then I will go to that..

What should I do with the So Called Christians that says Halloween is Pagan and Satanic and pushing thier beliefs about it too far? I am finding the closer Halloween gets here the more judgmental some of these Christians I am friends with are getting..

What should I do with the So Called Christians that says Halloween is Pagan and Satanic and pushing thier beliefs about it too far? I am finding the closer Halloween gets here the more judgmental some of these Christians I am friends with are getting..

Simply tell them that you don't agree with them and leave it at that. If you want to elaborate on it, say that you're obviously a devout Christian and have no interest in pagan or satanic religion and you see Halloween as just a fun, secular thing. You're not going to wake up on November first as a pagan or anything. And if they keep pushing it, tell them that real friends don't judge anyone by whether or not they hand out candy on Halloween. If you're a good person, they'll see that.

ETA: You might also point out to them that Christmas was originally a pagan holiday, and if they bring a (real) tree into their home and decorate it and celebrate the birth of Christ on December 25, then they're also indulging in pagan activities. (Christ was actually born in the spring.) A lot of people don't know about the pagan origins of Christmas. It's just that Halloween was never able to be completely Christianized, so the pagan origins of Halloween are more obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: peacefulveglady
Simply tell them that you don't agree with them and leave it at that. If you want to elaborate on it, say that you're obviously a devout Christian and have no interest in pagan or satanic religion and you see Halloween as just a fun, secular thing. You're not going to wake up on November first as a pagan or anything. And if they keep pushing it, tell them that real friends don't judge anyone by whether or not they hand out candy on Halloween. If you're a good person, they'll see that.

ETA: You might also point out to them that Christmas was originally a pagan holiday, and if they bring a (real) tree into their home and decorate it and celebrate the birth of Christ on December 25, then they're also indulging in pagan activities. (Christ was actually born in the spring.) A lot of people don't know about the pagan origins of Christmas. It's just that Halloween was never able to be completely Christianized, so the pagan origins of Halloween are more obvious.
Yes I agree with Christmas, these same people are preaching against Christmas also, our Christmas Tree in our home is celebration of life and fun. However, I would like to keep on topic of Halloween...

Yes I agree with Christmas, these same people are preaching against Christmas also, our Christmas Tree in our home is celebration of life and fun. However, I would like to keep on topic of Halloween...
Christians preaching against Christmas? Lol.

Anyway, if I were still Christian and got comments like that about Halloween or whatever, I would just say "Well we are extremely lucky that we live in a country where religion is a personal matter and choice. No one forces you to celebrate Halloween, and no one stops my family from celebrating it. Happy All Saints' Day!"

Christians preaching against Christmas? Lol.

Anyway, if I were still Christian and got comments like that about Halloween or whatever, I would just say "Well we are extremely lucky that we live in a country where religion is a personal matter and choice. No one forces you to celebrate Halloween, and no one stops my family from celebrating it. Happy All Saints' Day!"

That's an even better response than mine, I think.

1377511_594554610608608_880062442_n.jpg

We have carved and candled different kinds of gourds and melons in the past, but never a pineapple! It looks so fabulously creepy, I am definitely doing one. I think I will wear gardening gloves to protect against the sharpness.

Good idea! Report back and post some pics when you make it. I bet this smells fantastic when lit up.

Reactions: ledboots
I don't usually do anything for Halloween, it's not celebrated a lot here. I have a green Halloween soap with a spider on it though, I hopefully will ice some biscuits halloween style and dump some fruit in toffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.