Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Warm rhubarb crumble.
A glass of chardonnay.

I read that as warm bubble bath!:laughing:

I quite fancy having a glass of chardonnay in a warm bubble bath come to think of it. :cool:

I just got home from my one designated day at the office and my boyfriend informed me of a special delivery... An assortment of chocolate covered fruit from my boss and my company owner... I'd forgotten today is Administrative Professionals Day here in the states. I feel very appreciated.

How sweet.:)

had a burrito bowl for the first time in a long time last night and it was sooooo satisfying - did jasmine rice on the bottom from the rice cooker so it was very starchy, homemade beans that I added gochujang to when I reheated them, chopped up cherry tomatoes/green onions/lettuce and green olives topped with High Carb Hannah's burrito bowl sauce which is hemp seed based with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, fresh garlic, dill, mustard, water, sweetener

Emma JC

I buy right from Butler. Including the shipping cost the 12 lb box was like $64. There aren't any stores by me that carry them!
Every make the jerky? I could eat the whole pan!

I have made something similar to the jerky and had with rice and veggies.

The cost here in Canada for a box is $104 plus shipping (about USD $74 plus shipping) so I won't be ordering it anytime soon. They did have available Butler's jerky and the chicken spice too.

Emma JC

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Friendly
Reactions: silva and Val
last night was preboiled potatoes and sweet potatoes turned into wedges, sprinkled with spices, 1 each Field Roast Apple Sage sausage with a side of heated sauerkraut, mustard and some Breyers ice cream and 2 Dad's oatmeal cookies... it was tasty

Emma JC

last night was Pita Pizza night - 2 whole wheat pizzas each - one each topped with sauce, bell peppers/onion, mushrooms, green olives and one each topped with pineapple, facon, green onions, jalapeno

Emma JC

Reactions: Val
1/2 pan fried veggie burger with a slaw ; red & white grated cabbage, carrots, fennel with walnuts, dried cherries/chia seeds/yeast flakes and a French mustard/lemon/evo vinaigrette.
A raspberry & blueberry crumble made with grounds almonds/chickpea flour.
A glass of chardonnay.

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
Two days ago I made tacos with:

Warmed corn tortillas, slathered with plant-based butter

Canned, drained pinto beans, cooked with fresh cilantro

Lettuce, fresh tomato, guacamole and a dash of salt

"Sour cream" made from cashew yogurt with a squeeze of lime juice

They were so delicious, but after having them for both lunch and dinner that day, I am out of fresh tomato and cashew yogurt.

Today I will be having them again, except with homemade cilantro-lime rice to stand in for "sour cream" and salsa for the fresh tomato.

I had sauteed onions, mushrooms tofu, spinach and ramen noodles with ginger, garlic and some miso.
I've been craving popcorn so long, but forget about it till it's either too late, or I just ate :argh:
I need to make a popcorn appointment!