Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I was thinking that this is a very "shyvas" meal. Someday we will dine together on a homemade vegan feast!

You can call it ''shyvas'' special. I like it because seitan is my favourite protein and roast potatoes with broccoli are also winners. A meal
has to have protein, veg and a few carbs. :up:

Steamed cauliflower & brussels with evo and yeast flakes.
A red cabbage slaw with mayonnaise plus more yeast flakes.
Raspberries.
A glass of Merlot.

Reactions: Val
We mash the tofu into tiny pieces, then mix it into the sauce. It kind of looks like ricotta cheese.
I get it now! I will always remember you as posting this, and mashing tofu in oatmeal :lol:
I love oatmeal, I love tofu--they will never meet! :no:
I do make ricotta with tofu by mashing with lemon juice, garlic, basil and thyme and nooch. For really special I'll get stuff from the olive bar like the marinated olives with roasted garlic and pepper strips! I don't mix it in, but do add to baked rigatoni or lasagna

I stopped myself from buying cinnamon rolls at the store so I came home and had 3 bread rolls toasted with Country crocks almond oil plant butter, cinnamon and sugar. OMG! That plant butter does have palm oil, but it was my stores freebie--it's really good

I had a slice of nut roast with mustard aioli, steamed broccoli, a baked potato and a salad topped with Italian dressing. I had frozen half the nut roast from the holidays, and it still tastes as delicious as it was the first time I ate it. I've been invited to a cousin's for Easter, and I'm going to make one to share.

it is olio alio whole wheat pasta night tonight - garlic, onion, mushrooms, greens, olives, tomatoes, capers.... yum

Emma JC
I had to look that up- I would like that tooooooo much! I am a pastafarian :fsm:, and would eat it till I pass out in a carb coma.

I made a particularly good cornbread to go with the chili I made yesterday. I have jackfruit cooling down ready for seitan ribs!

A salad of raw cauliflower, red beans and cherry tomatoes with Georgian Satzebeli sauce and apple cider vinegar;
Korean-style shredded carrots;
Georgian-style chopped cabbage;
Iranian "chocolate" dates;
Kiwies and cashews.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dougrus and Emma JC