Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Kinda curry.
I like the idea of 'Kinda curry'. It's sums up just about every curry I make: a pulse, some veg, an onion, garlic, chilli, curry powder (or cumin/tumeric/coriander if in the mood), and the cardamom is what really gives it a lift.

I should just face it, I don't like them anymore
o_O when a person is tired of chickpeas...

I bought some beautiful lion's mane mushrooms today. You don't see these at the grocery store often. They weren't cheap, but I am so looking forward to these tonight. I'm making a potato salad to go with it, along with some fresh corn on the cob.

I had marinated field mushrooms in the air fryer with soya sauce and garlic sea salt. I also had half a sandwich I made this morning. I had a big lunch so I wasn't that hungry.

Stir Fry (tempeh (marinated in maple syrup, BBQ spices, garlic salt, maggie sauce, molasses, palm syrup, olive oil, apple cider vinegar), onion, yellow bell pepper, garlic, zucchini and broccoli) on quinoa cooked with almonds with salt and pepper.

I got local corn today! So I will be having a zucchini cake with vegan tartar sauce, sliced tomato splashed with balsamic vinegar, and an ear of corn.
I’m going to the Chester market today…hoping to get some good local corn and maybe a few tomatoes! I hear it’s a really nice farmer’s market. I’ve never been. I’m going with a “new” friend for the first time. 😳 But that’s another story for another thread, lol.

Has anyone tried red or black quinoa by the way? Is that how it's meant to taste?
I’m pretty sure I had the red. I don’t remember liking it but can’t remember the specifics. I don’t think I recall a burnt taste though.

I should try, I often get garlic flavors wrong when I use it this way. Like I might simmer it with some oil, then remove it and add the rice
Or even better--saute garlic scapes, or maybe add them to the rice while it's cooking?
I had a jar of Better than Boullion garlic and haven't seen it since! I think no chik'n BTB and roasted garlic is probably just fine
I'd add no chik'n broth to the cooking rice. Haven't made rice in some time.....
I would definitely add some kind of broth for added flavor...the pre-cooked rice pouches have quite a few ingredients in them. Not just garlic and oil. But that’s just me. I need extra flavor and salt in my food, lol.

Reactions: Brian W
It's not insanely hot out here, but hot enough I want something light and cool for dinner. So...tonight I'm making Thai inspired lentil lettuce wraps with a spicy sriracha peanut sauce. Should be nice for leftovers too.

It's not insanely hot out here, but hot enough I want something light and cool for dinner. So...tonight I'm making Thai inspired lentil lettuce wraps with a spicy sriracha peanut sauce. Should be nice for leftovers too.

Don’t suppose there’s any chance of posting that recipe is there?

Ikea plant balls, chips, peas and lingonberry jam!

It must have been an Ikea night - that was our dinner too, just Ikea plant balls with sweet chili sauce. I forgot that I have lingonberry jam, nex time!

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I’m going to the Chester market today…hoping to get some good local corn and maybe a few tomatoes! I hear it’s a really nice farmer’s market. I’ve never been. I’m going with a “new” friend for the first time. 😳 But that’s another story for another thread, lol.
That's great! I hope you got some good stuff. :)

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Don’t suppose there’s any chance of posting that recipe is there?

I was not planning on using a recipe per se. I will basically go with an Asian theme for the filling this time, which I find works best with lettuce. I might go with Adobo seasoning if I were making tacos, but I'm going for a slightly sweet with heat filling that works great with fresh lettuce..

So roughly what I will do is saute some sweet onions, ginger, garlic, and red chili peppers for a base. I will bring that together with a splash of vegan hoisin sauce, oyster (mushroom) sauce, sriracha, soy sauce, rice vinegar and agave syrup. This is just a guess as to what ingredients I'm using, as I haven't made it yet. I may add a few other ingredients, but you get the idea. I do recommend French lentils as they hold their shape better for this type of filling.

The sauce is just peanut butter, sriracha, soy sauce, fresh lime juice, sesame oil and water to dilute to the right consistency.