Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I'm making a mushroom and green lentil shepherd's pie for dinner tonight. I'll serve this with a delicious homemade mushroom gravy. I also have some lovely fresh Swiss chard as a possible side. I might have the chard for lunch instead. I could easily just eat a bowl of it on its own. Tough decisions :chef:

I'm making a Masoor dal, dahl, dhal, daal...however you like to spell it, tonight, with lots of leftovers intended. I'm guessing each region has it's own spellings and recipes for dal. Tonight I'm using a recipe from "Curries With Bumbi" YouTube channel. I have a pressure cooker, so I'm using that recipe.

Finally, I'm making some homemade naan bread to serve with the dal. For this I'm using a simple recipe from "Rainbow Plant Life" YouTube channel. I didn't realize naan was so easy. I won't need a recipe next time.

I may have to try that naan…looks so good and easy!

Reactions: Veganite
Vegan tortillas: I took out my stovetop grill, marinated some tofu and mushrooms in soy sauce, BBQ spices, liquid smoke, etc,, and gilled them up along with red bell pepper and onion, and topped off with spinach, kale and vegan cheese slices, into warmed tortilla wraps.

perogies.... when I bought the air fryer the other day I also bought some new frying pans and I bought a copper Heritage The Rock and a regular smaller The Rock and it is so nice to cook with good quality pans - I am careful to keep the heat below medium and because they have a heavy bottom that is easy to do.... so back to perogies w/onion, jalapenos, mushrooms and popcorn/clementines/chocolate for dessert

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I'm not sure where I got this recipe, but it is old. This is what I will be making later. My beans have already soaked overnight in preparation for this. I will obviously embellish and/or tweak this basic recipe, but this is the basic recipe below.

BBQ Hickory Beans

Ingredients

1 pound dried pinto beans
4 cups water
1 (7 ounce) can sliced jalapeno peppers, drained
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
1/4 cup barbecue sauce

Directions

Place the pinto beans into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand overnight to soak.
Drain and rinse the following day, then place beans into a slow cooker along with 4 cups of water, the jalapenos, tomatoes, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, liquid smoke, and barbecue sauce; stir well.
Set the slow cooker to High and cook for 4 hours. Stir the beans again, and turn the slow cooker to Low, and continue cooking until the sauce has thickened and the beans are tender, about 3 hours more.
I'm pretty sure you could adapt this recipe for your insta-pot.

Friday night - Gardein noFish Fillets on rice with lots of steamed brussel sprouts, popcorn, clementine, chocolate

last night - penne pasta with Italian Fieldroast Sausage, garlic, onion, mushrooms, olives, cherry tomatoes

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I will be having a buffalo soy curls sandwich with vegan cheese, lettuce, onions and Vegenaise spiked with hot sauce; a side of roasted cabbage.

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
Today is our early Easter celebration. Dinner for me will be food from three girls vegan creamery…lasagna, mozzarella in carrozza, baked Mac n cheese. Chocolate cake and tiramisu for dessert.