Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

had some tofu to use up last night so squeezed and marinated and baked in oven and then decided to make some curry and followed someone's recipe when I should have just done it myself.... a can of coconut milk and 4 cups of water made it wayyyyyyyy too soupy - the tofu was dry and tasteless even after putting it into the soupy mix and letting it soak - disappointing and yet we ate it all on rice except for a whole bunch of the soupy part which we just discarded

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

had some tofu to use up last night so squeezed and marinated and baked in oven and then decided to make some curry and followed someone's recipe when I should have just done it myself.... a can of coconut milk and 4 cups of water made it wayyyyyyyy too soupy - the tofu was dry and tasteless even after putting it into the soupy mix and letting it soak - disappointing and yet we ate it all on rice except for a whole bunch of the soupy part which we just discarded

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I actually like when tofu is baked and is a bit dry and crispy but, I just dip it into sauce. I imagine that it wouldn’t be very nice in a sauce. When I use a tin of coconut milk I would Never add water because I want the taste of the coconut milk...

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and Brian W
The last of the green bean stew
on top of organic polenta, which came out just how I like it a little bit runny
polenta always reminds me of tamales, back in California I used to be able to find a Vegan tamale. No such luck here...
A free from Double Chocolate chunk cookie from the Foods of Athenry it’s an Irish company
A small cup of hot oat milk

A Lidl frozen pizza verdura - spinach, cherry tomatoes,and mushrooms
With added black olives and red and green hot chilli peppers
I used to add chezze shreds but I think that I like it better without...
It is definitely not as good as the Happy Pear fresh pizza, but, for the price around 2.00 € it’s good
In the past I would usually eat the whole thing, I only ate 3/4 today the whole pizza is 571 calories so not too bad

Alpro cherry Vegan yogurt

Roasted organic tofu dipped into a Satay sauce that I made using almond butter instead of peanut butter
Roasted organic tender stem broccoli
A small bowl of the curry from the other day on top of a bed of organic spinach
Will have a bowl of Swedish glace later on

This morning I made a nut roast to have for dinner and for another meal later in the week
Because I like things crispy I spread a thin layer into the baking dish
The little chopper from Lidl makes easy work of chopping nuts and veggies, since getting it I make a lot more dishes that require a lot of chopping than I would have before
With the nut roast I had 2 avocados - perfectly ripe - have several more that will be ready soon!
A bowl of cherry Alpro soy yogurt - Tesco usually doesn’t stock the cherry flavour, hopefully they will keep ordering it!