Pokémon GO

I took the gym again. Dropped off my little Cubone again. But this time I didn't have to go to work, so I battled my Cubone over and over with my 1228 Vaporeon. One-shot him every time. Got the gym prestige to level 3 and went back inside. I'm up to 60 PokeCoins.

At this rate, I'll be able to purchase 25 Lucky Eggs on November 14th.

Last edited:
A 1228 Pokemon at level 14 is pretty impressive. I'm at level 22 and my current best is a Slowbro at 1516 cp, with my Vaporeon trailing behind in second at 1335.

Mystic is the only good team.

According to this site, the Vaporeon is one of the better Pokemon for gym battles, and easily the most cost-effective.

I didn't know "the trick" when I evolved my first Eevee. I got a Vaporeon and have been throwing Stardust at it ever since.

(less than 300 XP from level 15)

According to this site, the Vaporeon is one of the better Pokemon for gym battles, and easily the most cost-effective.

I didn't know "the trick" when I evolved my first Eevee. I got a Vaporeon and have been throwing Stardust at it ever since.

Yep, if gyms are any indication, seems like everyone has an uber Vaporeon. Up until a few days ago my best was my Vaporeon, and I'm willing to bet if I caught and evolved even a halfway decent Eevee at this point my Slowbro would be usurped.

What's "the trick"? I'm about to be able to evolve my first Eevee.

What's "the trick"? I'm about to be able to evolve my first Eevee.
Naming your Eevee one of three names before evolving it will do the following:

Rainer - Vaporeon
Sparky - Jolteon
Pyro - Flareon
I think you can only do it once per evolution type.

Reactions: AeryFairy
I went to the church. It's got a nice trail with 12 PokeStops and two (not one) gyms. It doesn't have a lot of Pokemon, though. I saw about one Pokemon per lap. I made four laps. One of the PokeStops had a lure on it so I got in my car and parked in front of it. Good thing, too: I caught a Slowpoke (CP 454), my first one.

I left with 166 Poke Balls, 22 Great Balls (I had more, but this Eevee (CP 416) was being stubborn as I was leaving), and a 10 km egg.

IMG_1486_zpsflbkvuvk.png

That's a Slowpoke.

Reactions: AeryFairy
Naming your Eevee one of three names before evolving it will do the following:

Rainer - Vaporeon
Sparky - Jolteon
Pyro - Flareon
I think you can only do it once per evolution type.

Unless something changed with an update, I'm pretty sure that you're good to go as many times as you want.

I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm level 5 and have to pick a team.

MYSTIC! MYSTIC!

Ahem. I mean. You should choose whichever looks and sounds best to you. Valor (Red) values strength and training, Mystic (Blue) values research and planning, and Instinct (Yellow) values action and quick thinking.

Or you can just pick your favorite legendary bird:

Legendary.Birds.full.1320958.jpg

Unless something changed with an update, I'm pretty sure that you're good to go as many times as you want.

MYSTIC! MYSTIC!

Ahem. I mean. You should choose whichever looks and sounds best to you. Valor (Red) values strength and training, Mystic (Blue) values research and planning, and Instinct (Yellow) values action and quick thinking.

Or you can just pick your favorite legendary bird:

Legendary.Birds.full.1320958.jpg
The closest gym is red. Should I consider that? Seriously, it's right across the street.

I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm level 5 and have to pick a team.
Oh pooh...I was just about to get started because I thought you could just "catch" them and not get too involved. So, in order to advance you "have" to do certain things, like pick a team? I can't handle anything too complicated1

Oh pooh...I was just about to get started because I thought you could just "catch" them and not get too involved. So, in order to advance you "have" to do certain things, like pick a team? I can't handle anything too complicated1

If you want to challenge gyms, you choose one of three teams. It's not a big deal at all, and I know a lot of people who never even mess around with gyms and just catch them. You're good!

The closest gym is red. Should I consider that? Seriously, it's right across the street.

Gyms in populated areas end up changing hands usually several times a day. Very easy to take one for your team, very difficult to hold onto it. You should pick whichever you feel like! Pick Valor if you want, but don't put too much stock in temporary ownership of gyms.

You might want to hold off and see who dominates in your area. Then if you want to choose a popular team so you've got an advantage, or if you want to side with the little guy, you can choose to do so.

Reactions: KLS52
Trust me when I say this game isn't complicated, at least mechanics-wise. The interface is a little weird, especially if you're not familiar with stuff like this, but a few online tutorials should be enough to cover the basics. And the basics are all you really need to have fun.

Reactions: KLS52
This list of all 151 Pokemon in Pokemon GO, ranked, is kind of funny.

112. Pidgeot
You know that thing when your basic friend gets a new haircut and decides they’re so much better than everyone else? That is Pidgeot. You came from Pidgeys, mister. Don’t you ever forget it. —JM

76. Slowpoke
Everybody needs a water Pokémon so Slowpoke is a very exciting catch. The only downside is that it’s psychic, too, so if you’re judging its beach body, it will know. —KB

16. Snorlax
Snorlax eats as much food as it possibly can and then sleeps for as long as it wants. Snorlax is also one of the most powerful Pokémon in the game. Snorlax is goals. —JM

Started couple of days ago, as it came a bit late to Norway (as most things does. :p ). I was never into Pokemon myself when it was popular, but the game is fun.

I'm soon level 10 now, and have 38 different Pokemons. :p