Pokémon GO

I tried it for five minutes then gave up. Lol. I had no idea what I was doing. I kept hitting (missing) something with a ball. I had no idea if that was good or bad. But i got him. I'm going for my morning walk and I'm still curious so I will see what happens. I may watch a tutorial first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really understand the point of it. It would make more sense if you had some sort of storyline and end goal, like if the pokemon are being oppressed by someone, so you're gathering up an army to fight back to win back their freedom. Or something. Guess I am more of an RPG fan. I've never been much of a collector.

Level 3! Hahahahahaha!

I found nine on my morning walk. I will say, I was embarrassed. Anytime a neighbor or a car passed by, I hid my phone. Plus, it makes me dizzy. I can't walk and look at my phone at the same time. I don't see me doing this long term, but it was totally fun. I can't believe how fast I went up the hill and I didn't even realize I couldn't breath, lol.

Out for a walk with the dogs and Pokemon hunting. So many people inn all ages out. I think the oldest one I saw playing was older than 50, and kids too. And families out together too. :)

Reactions: FortyTwo
Out hunting again this evening. I saw Squirtle, but he only broke out all the time!! :(

I think the oldest one I saw was over 70 years old. A lot of people out hunting. Really fun! :) Hatched a 5k egg, no cool toon...

Reactions: FortyTwo and KLS52
I hatched Pikachu on a 2 km egg today. And have soon another 2 km egg to hatch, and 1.5 km left of my 10 km egg I started on yesterday.

Got a new Pokemon on a walk today too. Too hot to walk the dogs in the middle of the day now, so I went alone. Saw a couple from yesterday, but they were driving from PokéStop to PokéStop.

I tried to catch Pokemon while my friend was driving on the highway. I tried to catch several but for some reason every time I touched one it just disintegrated. I wonder of it's because we were driving too fast and not walking? I haven't seen anything, yet, with regard to eggs or poke stops.

Someone had met a 84 year old woman playing Pokemon yesterday in Oslo. Or "Pokkemenn" as she called it! :D

I got 49 different now. And is level 14. Got some new ones today, and hatched two eggs. :)

Reactions: KLS52
Out for a walk with the dogs and Pokemon hunting. So many people inn all ages out. I think the oldest one I saw playing was older than 50, and kids too. And families out together too. :)

This is the magic of this game IMO. The experience of being just one of hundreds of doorknobs running around catching Pokemon in real life is what makes it fun. That's why I truly don't understand all the cheaters and spoofers... Like, what is the end goal here? It's not even a morality thing, because defeating gyms is more fun + helps you advance more than holding them. They are robbing themselves of the fun of the game and acting like they're the winners. Kind of stupid.

I tried to catch Pokemon while my friend was driving on the highway. I tried to catch several but for some reason every time I touched one it just disintegrated. I wonder of it's because we were driving too fast and not walking? I haven't seen anything, yet, with regard to eggs or poke stops.

This. Catching them while in the car is always a gamble. If you don't tap it fast enough, it will go out of your range (and disappear), and even if you manage to enter battle with one, if you fail to catch it on the first or second try, you'll end up out of range and it'll just run away anyway. Sometimes you can catch really good things in the car (I miraculously found a high CP Exeggutor the other day), but it's definitely meant to be more of a walking or slow moving game.

I got two new ones from eggs yesterday. #50 Diglet and #124 Jynx. So up to 55 different Pokémon now.

Planning a trip to Oslo next weekend to do some hunting. Much more different types there. :)

Reactions: AeryFairy and KLS52
I tried again on the highway and it did work! And I got to join a gym but it kicked my butt in five seconds so I'm staying out until I learn what I'm supposed to do in there. And the app keeps freezing up on me. At first I thought it was the touchscreen on my phone because two times it didn't work at all...I couldn't even reboot because I couldn't swipe the slide bar to shut down. But everything else is working. It's just Pokemon that is freezing. I have to close the app and reload every two minutes so I am losing lots of opportunities.

I have the same problem sometimes. I'm able to close the app then, but only by the "home button" on the iPhone so I can close each app.

I tried again on the highway and it did work! And I got to join a gym but it kicked my butt in five seconds so I'm staying out until I learn what I'm supposed to do in there. And the app keeps freezing up on me. At first I thought it was the touchscreen on my phone because two times it didn't work at all...I couldn't even reboot because I couldn't swipe the slide bar to shut down. But everything else is working. It's just Pokemon that is freezing. I have to close the app and reload every two minutes so I am losing lots of opportunities.

Yep, it's the app and its instability. Rebooting is really the only fix. Apparently the newest build is a lot more stable but it's an absolute mess in other ways so I'm sticking to my glitchy one until Niantic gets their **** together and fixes all the massive issues.

Good to know since misery loves company. [emoji4]

I'm kind of surprised at how much I like this game. I thought I was just going to check it out, and even though I don't have as much time as I'd like to play it and have only reached level six, lol, it's so much fun! I have three poke stops that are super convenient which is nice, one on my way to and from work. The other two are in town at the plaza.

I used one of my incenses the other day...really cool! But...I got so mad...I had been doing really well catching Pokemon and then this little sh*t of a bird made me lose all my balls! It kept saying gotcha and then there he would be, mocking me and making me catch him again. This went on eight times until my balls were gone. I wonder if any of the neighbors saw me because I was yelling at my phone, hahahahaha. I didn't know that could happen. Next time I'm just going to let it go after 2-3 tries. But I was stubborn, lol.

Reactions: FortyTwo