Pokémon GO

So I accidentally joined a pokemon party in Dusseldorf last week :woo:

There's this bridge that has a pokestop on each corner. Stand on the bridge, and you can hit all four at once. The bridge has been closed to traffic, there's portaloos on it, there's wifi, and so people have just sort of set up camp there. All four stops are constantly lured (which is what made me curiously head over to check the location out). I caught graveler, jigglypuff, and meowth, which were all new to me, as well as hundreds of duplicates :starshower:

Also, I took over the airport gym for a bit on the way out there :p

Lol @ accidentally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F-word follows:

tumblr_obay4fFrvx1rpf0t3o1_1280.jpg

Reactions: Dedalus and Poppy
How do you burn incense? I think they must continue to add Pokestops. There are at least 11 now on my various walk patterns. And, if I circle back around, I can get four of them twice in one walk.

I'm level seven. I have 100 balls. :D

Reactions: AeryFairy and KLS52
Went to Oslo and played with a friend from 1 pm to 10.30 pm. We walked almost 20 km, hatched a lot of eggs, I got to level 20 and found seven new ones. :)

Reactions: AeryFairy
How do you burn incense? I think they must continue to add Pokestops. There are at least 11 now on my various walk patterns. And, if I circle back around, I can get four of them twice in one walk.

I'm level seven. I have 100 balls. :D
I used it once...it's awesome. But I think it made it harder to catch the little stinkers. I kept thinking I caught them then they would get away. I think I just went into my items and clicked on it (incense).

I'm only level 6. This is the stuff I have. The potion and revive will probably go to waste. I don't think I'll ever get the hang of the gym. [emoji45]

5049fcbd18304e9d62bbc4a6395e6d67.png

Last edited:
As you level up, basic **** gets more difficult to catch. At level 6 it shouldn't be a problem, but a slightly feistier one and probability might be the root causes.

At level 24, even catching Pidgey or Rattata is kind of a drawn out disastrous process, depending on luck.

Reactions: KLS52
I was able to put my Tentacruel to a gym yesterday on a free spot, and earned 10 coins. I won two battles at an other gym, and was close to take the last one too. :)

Reactions: FortyTwo and KLS52
And two new ones today! :D I got 73 different now.

Hatched three eggs today too, but no new ones.

I have an egg in an incubator but I didn't walk today so it's not hatched.

If I'm reading it right, I only have 71 Pokemon and only 21 different ones...I have a lot of multiples.

It's best to save up your Pokemon until you have enough to evolve 60 of them. Then eat a Lucky Egg and start the evolution party.

(the evolution will not be televised)

Reactions: KLS52 and AeryFairy
It's best to save up your Pokemon until you have enough to evolve 60 of them. Then eat a Lucky Egg and start the evolution party.

(the evolution will not be televised)

This is exactly what I plan on doing tomorrow - I've got 15 or so evolutions lined up, and then there's a spot in the centre of town with lots of close-together pokestops with lures. Should get a decent amount of XP from all that.

Also, today I caught this wandering around town:

IMG_1254.png

I'm so happy! Vaporeon has always been one of my favourites, and this is by far my strongest pokemon (I'm only level 15) :D

Reactions: FortyTwo and Mikkel
Bunch of Valor kids kept sniping a gym right under me every time I took it from them (I say 'kids,' they were like 15. Kids but old enough to know better). I think they thought they were hot ****. Meanwhile, I was raking in exp like nobody's business from beating the gym up so many times, whereas them holding a gym benefits them in no way other than "haha we have a gym."

I almost said something snarky to them about how they really did prove how well they could press a button, but then I remembered that not only am I technically an adult now (and supposed to be above petty arguments with children), the entire game consists of just poking at the screen anyway. So I left well enough alone. :p

(And I'm ten levels higher than the highest of them anyway. So.)

My general observation about Valor seems to be that it consists almost exclusively of two groups: terrible dudebros, and really cool kickass lesbians whose level you could never be on. That's what I've seen anyway.