WillGetsRipped

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Flexitarian
Hi all, I'm Will.

I recently trained at a vegan animal sanctuary and it was an eye-opening experience. On my way there I was a shameless meat-eater but since my visit I haven't been able to eat meat with a clean conscience.

I have since reduced my meat consumption drastically, and hope to transition towards a more plant-based diet.

I hope it's ok to post this here

TofuRobot

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Welcome! Interesting thing about protein... First off, the worry surrounding protein is a completely fabricated one, created to sell animal-based products, and our society has bought into that propaganda full stop (have you ever actually known anyone with a protein deficiency?). The fact is, people get far more protein than we actually require, and interestingly enough, vegans and vegetarians actually have higher serum protein, likely due to a decrease in inflammation in the body from not eating animal products (got this bit from Dr. Greger of NutritionFacts.org). Do note that the strongest person in the world is vegan (Olympic gold medalist for the strong man competition, Patrik Baboumian), so there's that. Since you're nutrition-focused, I'd recommend watching What The Health, if you haven't already, and maybe watching a few of Rich Roll's podcasts. He's an ultramarathoner - and vegan.

Anyway - best wishes to you... Once you really examine the facts, there really is no justifiable reason not to be vegan. It took me 27 yrs of being pescatarian, but there is no going back for me. Cheers!

mavrick45

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
hello and welcome!

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Hi!

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
welcome Will!

All the best with your transition. There are many people here who can help you from all three aspects - for the animals, for the environment and for your health.

Emma JC

Jamie in Chile

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegetarian
Hi and welcome and let us know if you have any questions!