QualityGains

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi fellow vegans. :)

I just joined today and would like to introduce myself. My name is Florian and I am:
  • Originally from beautiful Switzerland (currently Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam) :)
  • 4+ years vegan (transitioned from a heavy meat eater (ethical reasons) + my grandparents were hunters, yep great circumstances)
  • avid weightlifter (7+ years last time I counted)
  • one of the first graduates of the eCornell course of plant-based nutrition
  • cert. online trainer and fitness coach (+ previous manager of 5 fitness centers with 10'000 members in CH)
  • founder and coach of QualityGains
  • fellow vegan youtuber (worked with Vegan Gains etc.)
So yeah, just thought I'd introduce myself for a second. I'm looking to integrate myself in this community and possibly help you guys out for free regarding fitness and health, if there's a chance to do so. :)

Thanks for what you do guys!

Best,
Florian

Indian Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Welcome, Florian - we're happy to have you on board!

Sounds like you've already achieved a lot at a young age.

How is vegan life in Vietnam?

Emma JC

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
welcome Florian

Looking forward to your contributions to the forum.

Emma JC

OP
OP
QualityGains

QualityGains

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Welcome, Florian - we're happy to have you on board!

Sounds like you've already achieved a lot at a young age.

How is vegan life in Vietnam?

Hi man, thanks so much. :)

Vegan life is not as good as I'd hoped it would be down here in Saigon. I'm staying at District 2, a rather rural area, and people rarely speak english. I ordered from a menu recently - what was written as 'Noodle Soup with Broccoli' turned out to be 'Chicken soup with cheese'. Weird.

To be safe I order foods from apps such as 'Grab' or cook for myself now. Planning to go back to Indonesia in the next weeks, vegan life is much easier there. :)

Reactions: KLS52

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
That's a cool picture Lou. Haha. :)

I really wanted a conductor on a train. Thinking of the vegan forum as a comfortable trip on rails (as opposed to macheting our way thru the wilderness). But alas, I could not find a Welcome Aboard graphic with a train. (not even in the rain). But a nautical theme is also pretty good. A sea voyage might even be a better analogy. just stay on course and you will reach the destination - and you can go at your own speed.

However, owls are not well known for their navigational ability at sea.

• Haha
Reactions: StrangeOtter
OP
OP
QualityGains

QualityGains

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I really wanted a conductor on a train. Thinking of the vegan forum as a comfortable trip on rails (as opposed to macheting our way thru the wilderness). But alas, I could not find a Welcome Aboard graphic with a train. (not even in the rain). But a nautical theme is also pretty good. A sea voyage might even be a better analogy. just stay on course and you will reach the destination - and you can go at your own speed.

However, owls are not well known for their navigational ability at sea.

I like the sea analogy. :)

Reactions: FlandersOD and Lou

Frosty20

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi fellow vegans. :)

I just joined today and would like to introduce myself. My name is Florian and I am:
  • Originally from beautiful Switzerland (currently Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam) :)
  • 4+ years vegan (transitioned from a heavy meat eater (ethical reasons) + my grandparents were hunters, yep great circumstances)
  • avid weightlifter (7+ years last time I counted)
  • one of the first graduates of the eCornell course of plant-based nutrition
  • cert. online trainer and fitness coach (+ previous manager of 5 fitness centers with 10'000 members in CH)
  • founder and coach of QualityGains
  • fellow vegan youtuber (worked with Vegan Gains etc.)
So yeah, just thought I'd introduce myself for a second. I'm looking to integrate myself in this community and possibly help you guys out for free regarding fitness and health, if there's a chance to do so. :)

Thanks for what you do guys!

Best,
Florian
Dude I watch you on YouTube!

Reactions: Lou

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
*waves hello* 😁

Apparently there are no animated emoticons here. Something needs to be done about that, lol.