Nutrition & Diet December Health Challenge

Despite my low expectations for this month, I've somehow managed to lose five pounds since the beginning of December. x_o; I don't quite understand. I'm not someone who loses weight extremely easily (I think I'm about average) and I feel like I really went overboard with cookies and such these past two weeks. To the point I was starting to despair, I felt completely out of control.

Confused, but happy all the same. :)

Awesome treadmill day there, PTree :) I know my legs would've crumpled and died on me if I tried that, haha.

Once again, I've started up that ab challenge. Hoping to actually complete it for real this time. I'm also doing a 30 day arm challenge at the same time.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Thanks very much :) I'm so excited. For months on end my weight wouldn't budge, but I've been doing so well the past three months. It's putting me in a much better place mentally. I'm nowhere near as depressed as I used to be, and I know the fitter I get, the better I'll feel.

Today suddenly felt like Spring. The torrential snow that came down two or three days ago suddenly melted away in the 9C temperature, and sunshine! I did 6km on the trail today, 3k walking 3k running. Felt so great to be in the sunshine for the first time in forever. It was even warm enough to wear shorts :D

Reactions: PTree15
Isn't it amazing how better you feel when you drop a few, eh? That is so awesome!
Lol about the weather. The same thing happened in my neck of the woods. People were jogging in shorts and t-shirts. :D
I had another killer treadmill session today. I sort of skipped the weekend for working out, as it was my family get-together and there was soooo much to do. But yesterday, I did a Leslie Sansone video and today I climbed a lot, woot! I am pretty proud of myself that I haven't put on a pound this month (well, at least as of Friday, haha). I really think the exercise is the key to my making better food choices. I have indeed indulged, but not every single day. I have a day of more healthy eating after a day of snacks and sugary treats. It seems to be working. It's so nice to put a pair of dress pants and still have them fit well! :D

I decided to skip the gym this morning, but I took a brisk 50-minute walk around our company grounds. Even though it was chilly, I was toasty-warm. I was even sweating when I got back because I went at a good clip. My sister helped spur me because she walks every day at lunch, and we decided to time our walks so that we could chat. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: thefadedone
Mission accomplished for this month! :D I kept the five pounds off, not even Christmas put a stop to it, haha.

Today I did a brisk 10km walk with my parents and one of my sisters. It was a really fun family hike. :) I just wish my other sister was interested in fitness. She's very overweight and very out of shape, whereas my parents are athletes, my one sister is quite fit, and I'm getting there myself thanks to all the running I've been doing. :)

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52