Resource Based Economy

JacobEdward

Forum Legend
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I have this soap opera of a history in terms of political resolve for one ideology over another... I originally, was with the RBE - TZM online presence thing but I had never had a serious challenge on philosophical grounds in terms of the nature of the State until Stefan debated Peter ... Since then I've sorta been working my way back full circle, foundations for the economy are transparently fraudulent (detached from supply and demand, products missing from the market, etc) but then peter gives direct endorsement for relativistic nihilism on his podcast so I'm sorta like ... ok ... but the other guy mysteriously has never responded to actual arguments on facebook but will respond as if offended that I called him old... its clearly a social control hostage situation over there... what would you do if they just never responded to your arguments for years and years and years?

Anyways, TVP split with TZM and Fresco is dead now so it really is a different power dynamic ... Perhaps they will actually build their circular commune thing, I hope they know it needs to rotate (holy crap why is it a circle if its not rotating?) ... but can you believe I've never heard the word "vegan" come out of their mouths? They probably want to eat fish... it just seems like a bit of a joke if theyre not vegan in terms of efficiency and their steady state philosophy... and it makes sense from a consistent spirit, I want the government to have a vegan philosophy, it should matter to them morally

Anyways, if we can ever convince them to go vegan maybe we could also point out the fact that they should really be trying to create something like a sim city 2000 representation (if you've never ever, you need to try it once) where it shows in a totalistic knowledge way what all the resources are, what they're doing, how its quantified without money, etc. It sorta breaks down for me conceptually because whatever it is they have will always have a monetary value that could be tracked computationally, so if your system didnt use money but was still easily quantifiable with money and you used that for whenever you needed to trade for something you didn't already have internally... it would seem like you havent gotten away from money on the group level but you would in some sense on the individual level (I believe that is the goal if you're not at 100% of everything, right?)

praxiological points are hilariously inadequate grounds for a justification to ignore the fact that in the real world people are still counting dollars instead of calories and the dollars are bizarro world out of alignment (peanut butter least expensive, unprocessed peanuts most expensive)... if they were counting calories it would be based off of what consumers genuinely wanted to consume (you cant just force another 5000 calories down your throat if the price barrier is removed)
again, the labor market is the easiest to see, millions and millions of human vending machines... that has absolutely no relation to supply and demand, it is this totally arbitrary thing used for social control
the industrial robotic car wash is an example where the most minimal of incentives were enough to automate, operating material costs were buckets of soapy water and rags... The employees were making minimum wages... Normally the logic says the incentives to automate go up when material costs are very high or when wages are high and when the business model has lots of demand... How many people do you know who get their car washed even once a week? The power robotics needed to pull a car through an assembly line compared to the robotics needed to make a taco... and yeah taco bell would have much more demand... and yet the car wash is a business model that has survived for decades...

Screenshot 2021-06-29 181203.png

Last edited:
I've watched interviews with Jacque Fresco, and videos about the Venus Project. There's a lot to be said for many of his ideas.

The implementation of Fresco's promoted technologies requires high technology, education, and cooperation. I think the best way to promote these technologies is to get the appropriate education (math, engineering, etc.) and then join/form a company that develops and expands these technologies. Big problems require big solutions. Trying to convince people to leave their cars at home hasn't been successful on a large scale.

Last edited:
I've watched interviews with Jacque Fresco, and videos about the Venus Project. There's a lot to be said for many of his ideas.

The implementation of Fresco's promoted technologies requires high technology, education, and cooperation. I think the best way to promote these technologies is to get the appropriate education (math, engineering, etc.) and then join/form a company that develops and expands these technologies. Big problems require big solutions. Trying to convince people to leave their cars at home hasn't been successful on a large scale.
What do you think of what they say in terms of needing to focus their effort on making it 100% world wide instead of focusing their effort one city at a time?