Nutrition & Diet December Health Challenge

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Ok, y'all, here is this month's thread. The holiday season is now upon us.
Goals, successes, trials and tribulations ... post 'em here forthwith. :)

Oh, ETA: old thread here.

Mine are the same as last month, pretty much, though I still have a couple of more pounds to lose, plus, I'm still not mentally ready for that 30-day shred thingy: ;)
Work out five to six days a week, with three sessions of weights (I have yet again slacked on this, but I am vowing to do better this month);
Drink plenty of water, at least 48 ounces a day;
Stick to my portion control goals and eat healthy, balanced meals (with some room for holiday indulgences);
Actually make it through the holiday munch-fest without gaining weight (biggest challenge, lol).

Seeing as the holidays are upon us, my expectations are lower. The world won't end if I don't lose tons of pounds this month, so instead my goal is to keep hydrated, be as active as I can, and not gain weight because of holiday nibbles. :)

I will join this as I have decided to give up alcohol for a while. I am also trying to drink more water and herbal teas and have less tea and coffee.

I also want to get some walking everyday to increase exposure to daylight and eat more healthy homemade meals and less takeaways.:yes:

I will join this as I have decided to give up alcohol for a while. I am also trying to drink more water and herbal teas and have less tea and coffee.

I also want to get some walking everyday to increase exposure to daylight and eat more healthy homemade meals and less takeaways.:yes:

Wish we stayed closer on similiar mission

The problem for me is that I don't eat enough.

And not because I don't want to, but because I can go hungry and barely mind it.

Been struggling food wise for a while now. Being busy & stressed made it easy to go back to bad habits & due to being tired & drained/run down wasn't exercising much either. & when I don't exercise my mood becomes more & more miserable.It's all just a vicious circle isn't it?

But I woke up today determined to get back on track :) it can be done! Worked out, did some yoga etc etc. feel much better already.

Plan is to continue this & enjoy Christmas without letting things slip again.

Been struggling food wise for a while now. Being busy & stressed made it easy to go back to bad habits & due to being tired & drained/run down wasn't exercising much either. & when I don't exercise my mood becomes more & more miserable.It's all just a vicious circle isn't it?

But I woke up today determined to get back on track :) it can be done! Worked out, did some yoga etc etc. feel much better already.

Plan is to continue this & enjoy Christmas without letting things slip again.
It's so hard sometimes! Way to get back on track, though.
I have slipped as well this week, with the exercising. I will get in three days (maybe four if I manage to do something tomorrow). While three is better than none, I know I can do better. My mood also suffers when I don't exercise regularly, plus, I make better food choices when I work out. I want to enjoy the holidays with a little less stress for a change, lol. Not sure that will happen, though. :D

I've been doing quite well. Hoping to hear the same from the rest of you soon too :) But you're all working at it, so you'll definitely get results.

I'm the same way in that I don't feel as well when I can't exercise. I'm so accustomed to my hikes (I try to go everyday. My rest days are when it just doesn't work to go) that now when I have to go without, I feel all headachey and a bit moody. I'm so used to having the fresh air clearing my head and getting my blood going that if I don't go, I notice the lack of feeling good which feels bad in comparison.

Anyway, just reporting some good news; I've had to dig up a belt from the depths of my drawer. The work pants I bought about half a month ago are now too big! I won't have time to do some clothes shopping for another week or so (working shifts is such a pain. I keep having situations that when I get home from work, I only have time to have a shower and pack my lunch for the next day before having to go to bed), so out came the belt to hold them up until I can replace them. It's annoying, but at the same time, it's the sort of annoying that makes you feel good :D

Hehe, way to go, Oasis. That is good news indeed. I know what you mean about hiking. I hiked regularly all summer and fall, and I miss it when the weather turns colder. I like going for a walk after work sometimes, but now that winter's just about here, it's too dark. Fall is my favorite time to hike. The colors are beautiful, the bugs are minimal and the air is so crisp and cool. I could hike for miles in that kind of weather!

I don't see myself doing very well in the exercise department, but since getting my cholesterol checked and having it be higher than I would like, I have cut back dramatically on processed foods (not that I feel like I ate a lot of processed foods anyway). I'm reading labels more carefully and cutting back on the Earth Balance, Daiya cheese and Tofutti cream cheese and sour cream. So my goal is to lower my cholesterol...next re-check is mid-January, 2014.

Reactions: PTree15
I did a killer treadmill session today after a very decadent weekend of no working out and lots of indulging in comfort foods...60 minutes of climbing. I climbed almost 3,000 feet. :)

being on a diet is the hardest thing in my life, but i always watch my weight. during holidays i avoid nothing,then when the holidays are gone i work out and cut off the things that are rich in carbohydrates .
think it's more comfortable.