Status
Not open for further replies.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Post your health goals and support your fellow VVers with theirs! Health goals can be anything health-related, whether mental or physical - not necessarily just exercise and weight loss!

Last month's thread is here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PTree15 and Freesia
My goal is to try and feel happier and healthier. I don't have a specific plan but will work it out as things come along.

Reactions: PTree15
Mine is to get more sleep and rest. and also to cultivate my dancing. The sleep part is more challenging but if I can get into a regular routine of getting to bed at a reasonable time, and not too much stimulating activity in the hours before bed, i think it will help!

Since I am only a couple pounds from my weight goal, I will try to exercise a little more and maintain that goal. I bought a hula hoop and I hope I can get myself into some kind of routine with it!
That's cool...hula hoops are so much fun! I think I still have two in my attic.

First goal is to get over the stupid muscle 'pull(?)" on the side of my back. Not from excersizing but a simple stretch in the shower. The 'gotcha' kind.
I've been at the highest weight ever, since summer or longer, and have 30 lbs to lose at least. I'd be happy with 30.
No more white pasta! I overeat that like crazy. No more junk food! One good thing is I now like raw celery so passing on tortilla chips or crackers won't be as hard. Just not overeating in general!
If I can do 20 min. pretty much everyday I'll get that Total Gym knockoff. I did like that when I had one

As I have said before, we have been substituting spiralized zucchini for pasta. The calories in pasta are so high! I really like pasta and maybe we will incorporate it back in once we stabilize the weight.

As I have said before, we have been substituting spiralized zucchini for pasta. The calories in pasta are so high! I really like pasta and maybe we will incorporate it back in once we stabilize the weight.
You steam the zucchini spirals right? I've got to do that, but I sure doesn't seem like a replacement just because it looks that way! I love cooked zucchini, and it's really my favorite raw veggie, but raw doesn't agree with me at ALL. Raw zucchini sits high and feels like I ate wood mulch. Some of my disestive distress was eating raw zucchini.
Sorry, TMI, but that's always bothered me

That is really too bad about the zucchini! We eat it raw most of the time but sometimes just cook it a bit in a stir fry. You can try other veggies with the spiralizer though.

I have to exercise more! And limit the bad white stuff!

I have what I hope will be some incentive: DH made his goal and we get to go on a company trip in April! My new fitbit comes tomorrow. :p

Last edited:
I want to lose at least 30 lbs this year. From tomorrow I want to use my trampoline three times a week.

Reactions: Freesia
I lost 30 and gained ten back. I would like to at least maintain and not gain anymore. I fear the weather is going to be a hindrance with walking. So maybe I will bring my trampoline down from the attic, but I'm not feeling very motivated to use it. I really miss the walking. Now that I'm feeling better, maybe I'll start walking again at work on my break and lunch hour.

I lost 30 and gained ten back. I would like to at least maintain and not gain anymore. I fear the weather is going to be a hindrance with walking. So maybe I will bring my trampoline down from the attic, but I'm not feeling very motivated to use it. I really miss the walking. Now that I'm feeling better, maybe I'll start walking again at work on my break and lunch hour.

I have yo yo'd since I've been in my teens. I find that it is far harder to follow a food plan on a vegetarian diet and hunger pangs strike far easier. My downfall is that I'm sensitive to sugar and really need to eat a normal amount of protein. Carbs don't really agree with me.

I also enjoy walking and am planning to do daily walks. I stopped walking because Shyva doesn't (can't ) walk long distances anymore; I'm going to find a shopping bag to carry her with me when I go out. I actually bought her a doggie bag that you place in front of you but after about 4 minutes she struggles 'to escape'. :D

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I have yo yo'd since I've been in my teens. I find that it is far harder to follow a food plan on a vegetarian diet and hunger pangs strike far easier. My downfall is that I'm sensitive to sugar and really need to eat a normal amount of protein. Carbs don't really agree with me.

I also enjoy walking and am planning to do daily walks. I stopped walking because Shyva doesn't (can't ) walk long distances anymore; I'm going to find a shopping bag to carry her with me when I go out. I actually bought her a doggie bag that you place in front of you but after about 4 minutes she struggles 'to escape'. :D
What about a stroller?

You know I always assumed seitan was high carb :rolleyes:.
It's not

That would be ideal. However, I don't think that she will live long enough to be able to justify buying one.
Have you checked thrift stores? Is taking things people put out for trash ok by you? I see so many on lawns. Something wheeled

You know I always assumed seitan was high carb :rolleyes:.
It's not

It is definitely not recommended on a low carb diet except for a couple of times a week. I eat it virtually every day as nothing really makes me feel full. Moreover, I love it because it's so versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.