Companion Animal Memorial Thread

I had to put my oldest cat to sleep today as she suddenly went very downhill. I got her in the summer after I left uni so she was almost 18 years old, so she had a good innings as the vet said today. She was such a sweet-tempered cat. The house seems quiet without her as she used to miaow a lot to get our attention throughout the day.

ETA - having a good innings means having a long life, not sure if that is a British expression.

:hug::kiss:
I am so sorry, Moll. Big hugs to you.

(found a very old, early pic... taken with a Razr, I believe... had to finally send to computer... I think it was one of the first pics I ever took of him here at my folks' house) --- I edited because I found others preceding this one... I'll upload & post soon... I forgot about them & feel bad about it....

Flooffy kitty!.jpg

It's been four years today. You were so incredibly bright... and such a lover.
:rose: R.I.P., my sweetheart. :rose:

I miss you every single day. I'll love you forever.

:cry::sob::sniff:

Last edited:
(found a very old, early pic... taken with a Razr, I believe... had to finally send to computer... I think it was one of the first pics I ever took of him here at my folks' house) --- I edited because I found others preceding this one... I'll upload & post soon... I forgot about them & feel bad about it....

View attachment 12851

It's been four years today. You were so incredibly bright... and such a lover.
:rose: R.I.P., my sweetheart. :rose:

I miss you every single day. I'll love you forever.

:cry::sob::sniff:
Jesus Christ! He looks exactly like my kitty Lucy (also a turkish angora). She passed away two years ago, on 7th of july:cry:. (((huggs, sweetie))):hug:

Jesus Christ! He looks exactly like my kitty Lucy (also a turkish angora). She passed away two years ago, on 7th of july:cry:. (((huggs, sweetie))):hug:
Turkish Angora?? I thought he was just an American longhair.... LOL :rolleyes:

Hugs to you, too, hon. :hug: If Lucy looked like mine, then what a beaut! :smitten:

Turkish Angora?? I thought he was just an American longhair.... LOL :rolleyes:

Hugs to you, too, hon. :hug: If Lucy looked like mine, then what a beaut! :smitten:
Exactly! Turkish angora! She was the second turkish angora that i had. The previous one was a stunning fur baby as well. It is always painful when they pass away, because they are so smart, like humans...

Exactly! Turkish angora! She was the second turkish angora that i had. The previous one was a stunning fur baby as well. It is always painful when they pass away, because they are so smart, like humans...
You ain't kiddin', smart! Wow, was he ever! :D Quite often, I'd end up just staring at him in stunned silence, mind blown, thinking "OMG, how in the hell did you-... did I just see that??" LOL :p

Last edited:
It's weird as I have only got 3 cats now. I haven't had so few cats since 2005. The house feels a lot more quiet, even with my dogs!

Guy was euthanized today. He had been diagnosed with nasal cancer about 6 months ago, and after being in remission, the tumor started to grow rapidly, more each day.
He was so special. He was the third cat that was adopted, a really majestic, spirited, friendly cat to both animals and humans. He'd been the leader in welcoming new fosters and bringing the ones who stayed into the family. My sons best friend. He'd been with us 14 years.
It's so uncomfortable here. The other cats seem to know he's gone as they're staying very close.
I miss him so much, and feel so badly for my son.
Rest in peace Guy.