I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

Mary Elizabeth Frye

For Molls.:hug:

I had to put my oldest cat to sleep today as she suddenly went very downhill. I got her in the summer after I left uni so she was almost 18 years old, so she had a good innings as the vet said today. She was such a sweet-tempered cat. The house seems quiet without her as she used to miaow a lot to get our attention throughout the day.

ETA - having a good innings means having a long life, not sure if that is a British expression.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

Mary Elizabeth Frye

For Molls.:hug:

:hug::kiss:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear this, Moll. Big, big hugs to you. :hug:

I feel guilty to think this but I know my life will be a lot less stressful with my old cat gone. I had to take her to the vet by taxi quite a lot over the last few years and she cost a lot of money with taxis, vet treatment and medication, probably over £100 a month at least. I used to check on her about 10 times a day/night to see if she was okay so I'm hoping my sleeping patterns will improve too.

Urgh, it's fun when you have to put an animal to sleep and it comes with a massive amount of guilt as well as sadness.

When the moment comes... | The Cat Site
Your Cat | The right time to put a cat to sleep | General Cat Care

Do NOT feel guilty. Your feelings are perfectly normal. It doesn't mean you didn't love or won't miss her. It's very difficult dealing with an animal with declining health issues...very, very stressful. :hug:

My baby-boy was the same age. It's crushing, I know. I wish I had known about this site then.

Nothin' but love here, Moll... :hug:

It's been a week since I had her put to sleep and I think I feel worse today.:( It doesn't help that we have had an awful terrorist attack here with kids being killed. Everything is so depressing.

Sorry to moan, but I think people on here will understand.:hugs:

It's been a week since I had her put to sleep and I think I feel worse today.:( It doesn't help that we have had an awful terrorist attack here with kids being killed. Everything is so depressing.

:hug:

Sorry things are so depressing right now.

Molls.:hug:

I don't think that we can ever forget our special babies when they leave us.

It's been a week since I had her put to sleep and I think I feel worse today.:(
I'm the same way. Somehow, I tend to shut down emotionally when that sort of crisis is happening, although I keep taking care of whoever is sick... but then, later, it hits me hard. And as you mentioned, that terrorist attack at about the same time probably made everything much worse.