Companion Animal Memorial Thread

I don't have a picture i have accessed to but My mom lost my late dads cat today , don't know what went on she died on the way too the vets , my sister helped her bring her today , she was a nice and sweet cat.
Sorry for your loss. :hug:

I don't have a picture i have accessed to but My mom lost my late dads cat today , don't know what went on she died on the way too the vets , my sister helped her bring her today , she was a nice and sweet cat.

Sorry to read that.xxx:hug:

Muffin went in for the tumor removal and spay but she died in recovery. RIP sweet Muffin.

I didn't want to say anything yet, but I have to now.

I took Sabrina to the vet yesterday because she had stopped eating and drinking and grooming and became very lethargic. She'd also lost a lot of weight and was skin and bones. The vet said she was wasting away from kidney disease, which I knew she had and was trying to manage. He gave her subq fluids because she was so dehydrated, took blood, and asked me to bring her back today for more fluids and the results of the blood test.

Well, I'll bring her back today, but the fluids won't help her. She had gotten so weak by the time I went to bed (at around 1:40 am) that she couldn't even stand up normally. I said my goodbyes and gave her a lot of kisses.

I checked on her the minute I got up, which was 6:4o am. She had passed while I was asleep. Goodbye, my sweet little Sabrina, my baby, I love you. You're now reunited with your sister Misty over the Rainbow Bridge, playing together and being chased by Bear, forever, something you didn't like, I know. I tried to stop him when I could, but he actually left a scar or two on you.

She would have turned 19 sometime in the first week of April. She didn't quite make it. I named her Sabrina because when I adopted her in July 1998, I had recently watched the movie Sabrina, the original one with Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, and William Holden. I loved the scene where Sabrina has come back from Paris after attending cooking school, and had blossomed into such an attractive, confident young woman that Bill Holden doesn't recognize her at first. I saw an awkward 13 week old kitten that would eventually blossom into a beautiful, confident adult cat, so I named her Sabrina. She hated being picked up, hated being carried, and wasn't a lap cat who didn't snuggle with me, until the last couple of months. I knew something was different but loved the sudden attention I got.

I'll take her to the vet's office today and maybe I'll have her cremated, I don't know. I didn't with Bear or Misty because I was in such a state of shock, but I'm used to it, now, so perhaps it's different.

And now, for the first time since July 1998, I have no pets in the house. When I'm up to it, I'm going to open my home to another cat (or two) that needs my love, but I need to grieve right now. :cry:

Rest In Peace, my beautiful Sabrina, my baby, my Little Miss Trouble.
April 1998 - March 15, 2017

IMG_0306.JPG

I'm so sorry, Amy. I always loved your stories about Sabrina. I know she had a long and wonderful life with you. She was beautiful.

She was truly beautiful. Thank you for loving her. I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:

Sabrina had a long, happy life with you, Amy. (I'm partial to calicoes, and my Best Feline Friend Forever, whom I found back in 1963 and our parents let us keep, was calico... I don't know if coat color and personality really have anything to do with each other...)

At least she almost certainly died with little discomfort (I think) and you didn't have to make any decision about that. And I definitely can relate to needing time to grieve.

Reactions: KLS52
Sabrina had a long, happy life with you, Amy. (I'm partial to calicoes, and my Best Feline Friend Forever, whom I found back in 1963 and our parents let us keep, was calico... I don't know if coat color and personality really have anything to do with each other...)

At least she almost certainly died with little discomfort (I think) and you didn't have to make any decision about that. And I definitely can relate to needing time to grieve.

Thanks.