Companion Animal Memorial Thread

So sorry for your heart break. [emoji174] :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so, so sorry. He sounds like he was a beautiful and beloved animal. Know that during his time with you he was comforted and cared for by the best people for the job, ones who really appreciated him for the kitty he was.

This is for the young wild rabbit Capstan tried to help when they were badly injured, whom he mentioned earlier this month in the "Everything Sad" thread. The rabbit wasn't a companion animal, I suppose, but Capstan did provide care for them.

Reactions: FortyTwo
My sister and her partner lost 2 of the 4 pups in a month.
10414907_10204102355335982_8206627021128569784_n.jpg
My favorite one and bed buddy out of the 4 is in the front. The other is in the back.

That's awful. I'm sorry. :hug:

August 16th was three years since my sweet, beloved baby-boy passed away. I miss him every day. :rose:

A couple cozy sleepy-time pics.... aww, pretty kitty.... :smitten:

photoalbum_224464456_user41461874-1.jpg
photoalbum_224464463_user41461874-1.jpg

Reactions: KLS52
He's beautiful. :hug:

I'm sorry about your losses, SB and MS.

My last rosy red minnow died the last weekend of July. Somehow, I don't feel so busted-up about it... I think because she lived for 5 YEARS- wowza!- and her death came suddenly without her being ill for a long time. Not bad for a species that normally lives for 3-4 years, and who was originally going to be food for some other critter. Her 3 tankmates whom I adopted at the same time pre-deceased her, one by one, over quite some time, and I think she lived for two years after her last tankmate passed (I'm not sure what her gender was, but I thought of the last one as "she"). I hope she wasn't lonely; her appetite was certainly healthy, right up to the last day.

Reactions: FortyTwo
:hug: to anyone who needs them.

It's been years, but I still get torn up about what happened to my fish tank way back when. Some horrible illness floated in on one of the new fish and it led to runaway ammonia poisoning. At least I can rest easy knowing we did everything within our power to stop it, up to the point where our daily lives were pretty significantly disrupted, but in the end it claimed almost every single one of the fish, most of which we'd had for years and become very attached to. We never did get any more fish after that. We just let the remaining ones live out the remainder of their lives and then repurposed the tank into an upgrade for the frogs.

I miss having fish, but I don't ever want to see that happen again. It was the saddest most hopeless thing and like I said, even though it happened more than 5 years ago, I still get torn up thinking about it.

Yes, hugs all around. :hug:

Bird died during the night last night. He was 22. I feel so bad for my daughter and grandkids. Lydia who is five, was especially close with him. RIP Bird.

I don't have a picture i have accessed to but My mom lost my late dads cat today , don't know what went on she died on the way too the vets , my sister helped her bring her today , she was a nice and sweet cat.