Companion Animal Memorial Thread

In Loving Memory of Ben.
July 2010 - April 22, 2019
B206C62E-BD08-4209-8EAF-4ED3CFF83D00.jpeg

In October 2010, my friend Matt and I were roommates and we jointly adopted a handsome 2 year old boy named Newton. He was unlike any cat either of us had ever owned, becoming instant friends with our other cats and every person to come into our home. He was such a sweet fellow it was years later before he ever hissed for any reason. We nicknamed him "Bud" Newton because he was such a friend to all, and "Newton B. Dancin' " for the times he would be purring and kneading us and it looked like he was dancing in place. The B. also stood for Bud.

After about a year living together, Matt got an apartment with his then girlfriend and we agreed Newton would move with him, his other cat and his girlfriend's cat while I would keep my previous cat and one more we adopted together along the way. Matt later married said girlfriend, and bought a house in another state, where he has lived for maybe 4 years now.

Fast forward to this Saturday night, Matt texted to say Newton has passed away suddenly, sometime between 4 and 6:30pm. Suffice to say, we are both devastated by the sudden loss of such a sweet and wonderful friend. It hits even harder for Matt who in the past year has gone through a divorce and his now ex-wife taking her cat and their dog across the country with her.

Another friend of mine had to say goodbye to his cat earlier this month when extreme fatigue led to a cancer diagnosis. I wonder if Newton was secretly ill too, and if his sudden passing might have been a blessing in disguise to save Matt from any long-term suffering. I guess that would be the only silver lining. 10-11 years is not enough time, but I am thankful for the 8 1/2 years he was part of Matt's life. We'd rescue him again in a heartbeat.

Rest in Peace, Bud Newton. You will never be forgotten

Newton_111310.jpg

Attachments

• Newton_112716.jpg
    Newton_112716.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Newton_113010.jpg
    Newton_113010.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Newton_120410b.JPG
    Newton_120410b.JPG
    282.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I am so sorry, GingerFoxx. Newton was beautiful and sounded like a very cool cat. Big hugs to you.

In October 2010, my friend Matt and I were roommates and we jointly adopted a handsome 2 year old boy named Newton. He was unlike any cat either of us had ever owned, becoming instant friends with our other cats and every person to come into our home. He was such a sweet fellow it was years later before he ever hissed for any reason. We nicknamed him "Bud" Newton because he was such a friend to all, and "Newton B. Dancin' " for the times he would be purring and kneading us and it looked like he was dancing in place. The B. also stood for Bud.

After about a year living together, Matt got an apartment with his then girlfriend and we agreed Newton would move with him, his other cat and his girlfriend's cat while I would keep my previous cat and one more we adopted together along the way. Matt later married said girlfriend, and bought a house in another state, where he has lived for maybe 4 years now.

Fast forward to this Saturday night, Matt texted to say Newton has passed away suddenly, sometime between 4 and 6:30pm. Suffice to say, we are both devastated by the sudden loss of such a sweet and wonderful friend. It hits even harder for Matt who in the past year has gone through a divorce and his now ex-wife taking her cat and their dog across the country with her.

Another friend of mine has to say goodbye to his cat earlier this month when extreme fatigue led to a cancer diagnosis. I wonder if Newton was secretly ill too, and if his sudden passing might have been a blessing in disguise to save Matt from any long-term suffering. I guess that would be the only silver lining. 10-11 years is not enough time, but I am thankful for the 8 1/2 years he was part of Matt's life. We'd rescue him again in a heartbeat.

View attachment 16606
Omg, so sorry for your loss.:( :hug: Bud Newton was an adorable kitty...:cat:

Another friend of mine has to say goodbye to his cat earlier this month when extreme fatigue led to a cancer diagnosis. I wonder if Newton was secretly ill too, and if his sudden passing might have been a blessing in disguise to save Matt from any long-term suffering. I guess that would be the only silver lining. 10-11 years is not enough time, but I am thankful for the 8 1/2 years he was part of Matt's life. We'd rescue him again in a heartbeat.

View attachment 16606

:hug: I’m so sorry for your loss. Newton was a beautiful cat.