Companion Animal Memorial Thread

My beloved Poppy, the one who's name I adopted for use here and on other sites, died yesterday in our arms. She had been declining mentally for some time, but it finally became apparent that there was nothing else we could do to ease her stress and discomfort and we had our dear friend, and her vet, help her pass. She was 15 years old. She had attitude, spunk, and way of lifting her lip that put every foster we had come through here on notice that she was not to be messed with. And yet she was the best bed buddy and lap warmer on the planet. She would demand to be held. Poppy was the reason I became vegan, started volunteering at an animal shelter, and, with my husband, became the foster parent for over 130 small dogs. She made me a better person. My heart is broken. I will love her always.
I'm so very sorry, Poppy. :( Massive hugs to you and yours.

• Love
Reactions: Poppy
IMG_1370.JPG
My darling boy Chevy Chase passed away three months ago. He was 10 and developed cancer in his spleen and bones. He was my best friend for 6 years after he was rescued from the racetrack. He was the gentlest and sweetest noodle horse in the world. I miss you big guy <3

View attachment 20366
My darling boy Chevy Chase passed away three months ago. He was 10 and developed cancer in his spleen and bones. He was my best friend for 6 years after he was rescued from the racetrack. He was the gentlest and sweetest noodle horse in the world. I miss you big guy <3
I am so sorry, Jaydoesitgood. What a sweet face your Chevy Chase had.

I am so sorry, Jaydoesitgood. What a sweet face your Chevy Chase had.
He was extremely photogenic too haha. He had big puppy eyes and he knew how to use them to get what he wanted. And he was spoiled rotten. When my roomate got a free mattress, I got their old one and Chevy got my old twin bed. He had a human bed for 2 whole years. He lived like a PRINCE and absolutely deserved every bit of it.

He was extremely photogenic too haha. He had big puppy eyes and he knew how to use them to get what he wanted. And he was spoiled rotten. When my roomate got a free mattress, I got their old one and Chevy got my old twin bed. He had a human bed for 2 whole years. He lived like a PRINCE and absolutely deserved every bit of it.
Awww, that is so sweet.

Awww, that is so sweet.
He went through a hard life while he was on the track and gave me nothing but love and friendship once we met. He deserved every big of luxury I could give him. I dont think ill ever have a friend like him again, but he wont be my last companion, he wouldnt want that.

View attachment 20366

I'm sorry.xxx

I lost another one of my cats last week. I went through all the photos I have up on the walls and took down the ones that have passed away. It seems so weird that I only have 2 dogs and 2 cats left as I used to have so many.

I'm not having any more animals after these ones pass on as I find it too hard when they die. I can't imagine not having any companion animals in my home, though. :(