Space Sciences Astronomical Events news thread

I think there will be a total solar eclipse in 2019 also, but it will only be visible in parts of Asia and/or Africa (not sure where or when).

ETA: Nope-I was wrong. It's in South America (thanks for posting that, Amy!)

I think there will be a total solar eclipse in 2019 also, but it will only be visible in parts of Asia and/or Africa (not sure where or when).

ETA: Nope-I was wrong. It's in South America (thanks for posting that, Amy!)

I may see this one. It is 6 hours drive from my house.

That (previous post) is a photo I took myself of the annular eclipse of the sun in Coyhaique this year. We had perfect skies. To get the photo, I put the camera on max zoom and put the eclipse glasses slightly in front of the lens. It took about several minutes of trying to get one good photo. I didn't take any pictures of the annular phase as it's just 1 minute long and you want to just enjoy it. But here's one I copied from online:
upload_2017-9-1_16-42-18.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Val and Tom L.
Send Your Name to Mars: InSight :)

I think I'm going to enter Jerry's name... he reeeeally wants to go to Mars....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently I can't send my name... not from the same computer, anyhoo. :| Oh, well... it's a nice gesture for my space-crazed best friend. :p

I'm gonna pick up a frame at Dollar Tree for his "boarding pass" that I printed up so he can display it proudly.... ;)

BoardingPass1 (2).png

(Blotted out last name before posting here.)

Goodbye to the Dark Side

DLj78NQWkAAQfdD.jpg