Nutrition & Diet April Health Challenge

:starshower:
So for March I did pretty well with most of my goals (save the weights, which I have swapped out for 30-day shred, as I seem to enjoy it more, which means I will actually do it). I gained and lost the same half a pound for the month, lol, which is fine, really. I think my body likes my current weight. :D It's an accomplishment on my part that I am maintaining, which has always been a struggle.

So, I will still try to lose that last 3 pounds;
Work out five to six days a week;
Drink plenty of water (48 oz. minimum);
Get enough sleep (this will be a challenge).

Good luck to everyone, and here's to a healthy and fun April. :) :kitty::dog::mouse::chickens::rabbit:

:starshower:
So for March I did pretty well with most of my goals (save the weights, which I have swapped out for 30-day shred, as I seem to enjoy it more, which means I will actually do it). I gained and lost the same half a pound for the month, lol, which is fine, really. I think my body likes my current weight. :D It's an accomplishment on my part that I am maintaining, which has always been a struggle.

So, I will still try to lose that last 3 pounds;
Work out five to six days a week;
Drink plenty of water (48 oz. minimum);
Get enough sleep (this will be a challenge).

Good luck to everyone, and here's to a healthy and fun April. :) :kitty::dog::mouse::chickens::rabbit:

Well done PTree.

I'm also doing well and am following a food plan which suits me.

Well done PTree.

I'm also doing well and am following a food plan which suits me.
Thank you. :)
I am so glad you have found a plan that works. It's sometimes a difficult thing to accomplish.

My boyfriend got me a gym membership so I've decided I will try to go at least once per week to start. Also, I am starting to count calories again since I stopped doing that in Feb/March. Simple calorie counting worked for me in Dec/Jan so I'm sure I can stick with it for April. :)

Reactions: PTree15
March was not as bad as February but still not doing what I need to be doing. I am back to going to the gym on a regular basis and have to really work on my poor eating habits. Congrats to all of you who stayed on track and met your goals!

Drink enough water and try to get enough sleep.
Drink a green smoothie daily and try and have a salad too as the weather is getting warmer.
Do some exercise everyday even if it's just stretching and walking.

That's awesome news, Blobbenstein! Keep it up. :)
I did 50 minutes on the treadmill and had a very healthy eating day yesterday. I made it to 40 ounces of water, one glass shy of my goal, but it's better than what I'd been doing. :) Off to get more water. :D

Sounds like everyone has some great goals in mind for April! :D Happy health to everyone and hope this is a good for month for all of us!

So the last week or so of March I got a bit bad again with cookies, hehe. The fear of being flabby for my Ireland trip in August is becoming much more real now, now that I officially have those two weeks off work and we're actually talking about booking the tickets! So going to go back to how well behaved I was in the second half of February and the first 3/4 of March, haha. :)

Today I'm going to buy some dumbells, so I can start doing some home workouts. I haven't been able to make myself go to the gym in a couple of months. I know nobody there cares what I'm doing, but I can't shake off the feeling of being watched and I absolutely can't stand that. Plus it's easier to squeeze some time in to do a bit of working out here and there at home than trying to find time to go. I want to try and shed some of the fat and hopefully have a bit of definition by the time I go for my trip! I want to look back at the photos and smile at the memory, and not cringe about how I look. (Which sadly, is what I do when I look at my Disneyland photos from a few years ago, sigh. ... And when I look at my graduation photos. ... And when I look at the photos from my sister's wedding. Don't want to repeat that mistake)
On top of that I'm going to keep up with my running. After my Ireland trip I'll feel less stressed to be fit by a certain time and will just let it casually happen as I live life, but I really want to look nice for those photos. Other than brief forays into the States (and one trip to Disneyland) I've never even stepped foot outside of my province, let alone another country or CONTINENT, so it's a big deal to me.

^ What part of Ireland are you visiting?:)

I've run out of spinach so I can't have any green smoothies until tomorrow. I'm going to try some (easy) yoga poses today to see if it helps me feel less achy. I would like to go to a yoga class but I find it so difficult that I'm just going to try and do the simple ones on youtube.:oops:

Reactions: ledboots
ok so April is all about working on lasting energy ....

I actually have a goal of gaining at least 2 kg's - its harder than it seems... esp when you are a petite eater and going through some emotional rollercoasters.

Yoga and Meditation Every day...

Playing with my dog Ozzy

Eating more frequently

Drinking more water

Remembering to drink my zinplex and evening primrose oil

Taking VitB12

Up my veggies and eat at least 1 fruit a day.. (i dont like fruit

My yoga posture for April is BRIDGE.... I can lift already but need to improve on balance and stamina

Attachments

• bridge sea.jpg
    bridge sea.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 187
So far my calorie counting is working. Lost 2 lbs over the last week and a half. Slow and steady...I love when things go according to plan. Haven't gone to the gym yet though. Need to get over my stupid social anxiety and just GO!

@ Moll Flanders,
I'll be staying in Dublin. :) A good friend of mine is there right now doing one of those working holiday things (she left last year August, and she'll be there until August 2015) and another friend of mine and I have always wanted to travel, so heading out to visit her was the perfect excuse! :D We'll be staying at her apartment, so it's super awesome as we'll be able to save a lot of money too.
--

Today's been a good week. Last week was the week of cookies (oops) and now this week I've been having a VORACIOUS craving for veggies galore. I guess my body took a look at all the cookies in my stomach and demanded something wholesome!

I took last week off from exercise (new tattoo :D), so I'm back this week with a vengeance. I walked with my sister on Sunday for about 90 minutes. It was a beautiful day; it was so nice to do something outside. Monday I did the treadmill, and yesterday I did the 30-day shred. I took today off on account of my not getting enough sleep last night. I just couldn't fall asleep. That hasn't happened in a while. Food and water have been pretty good, too. I am keeping my portions in check and drinking lots of water. I've been getting in 60 ounces a day on average, so I'm pleased with that.

Picking up a little weight yeah...:D Doing yoga.helps increase my appetite...

Must drink more water....

Struggle with bad skin. Need to sort this out

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397887050975.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397887050975.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 168
I walked six miles to downtown today. :D The weather was perfect, so there was no way I was doing an inside workout. I got some errands done downtown and I took the bus back to my apartment. :D Tomorrow, I will be going hiking with my sister in Massachusetts. Another beautiful day on tap. Happy, happy!

Reactions: ledboots
I walked six miles to downtown today. :D The weather was perfect, so there was no way I was doing an inside workout. I got some errands done downtown and I took the bus back to my apartment. :D Tomorrow, I will be going hiking with my sister in Massachusetts. Another beautiful day on tap. Happy, happy!

That is amazing. How long did it take you to walk the 6 miles ? Do you go hiking in rural areas or where there are plenty of other hikers ?