Whatcha eating WFPB?

I looked for that, but the same brand I saw on amazon that was vegan had fish stuff, Lee Kum Kee, -- label looked identical too, except for ingredients!

the our Lee Kum Kee doesn't have any fishy stuff, thankfully - it is their Black Bean Garlic Sauce - it is quite salty so do use sparingly if you find it

Soy Sauce (water, Salt, Soybeans, Wheat), Fermented Black Beans (black Beans, Salt, Water), Garlic, Water, Sugar, Salt, Soybean Oil, Rice Wine, Modified Corn Starch.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Informative
Reactions: Brian W
the our Lee Kum Kee doesn't have any fishy stuff, thankfully - it is their Black Bean Garlic Sauce - it is quite salty so do use sparingly if you find it

Soy Sauce (water, Salt, Soybeans, Wheat), Fermented Black Beans (black Beans, Salt, Water), Garlic, Water, Sugar, Salt, Soybean Oil, Rice Wine, Modified Corn Starch.

Emma JC
Yep, that's what I saw at amazon, but at the Asian grocery the same looking jar has fish flakes (something fish) listed in ingredients.
I'd like something to compare to recipes. I've only had it on a take out

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Aldi had new plant based chik'n strips. I don't like the chik'n nuggets or patties they normally carry and hoped these were better. They're different, but not good. Bland texture, and the breading is oddly sweet without any other taste. Like a pastry sweet. I was really craving nuggets
I guess I need to bread and fry some seitan after all

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
All this writing about black bean sauce made us have that for dinner on Wednesday night... noodles, veggies, black bean sauce :) - my honey made it as it is his specialty and he overcooked the noodles - it was still good.

Emma JC

Oat groats, flaxseeds, and strawberries
Lentils with berbere in tomato puree over rice, with plain yogurt
Cooked beets with balsamic vinegar, swiss chard with onions

I'm avoiding gluten so instead of my usual toast for breakfast I'm going to make a smoothie daily. I'm in a rush today so I just used a whole orange and a banana with water.

I'm going out for lunch and will have what I had the other day, falafel, houmous, roast pepper and salad. WFPB, I assume?

Hello! I am glad to find this 'Whole-Food, Plant-Based' thread in the Vegan Forum. I was about to start a new thread on WFPB but then I discovered this one. I hope the thread will continue to be active.

I am convinced that a WFPB lifestyle is the healthiest nutritional lifestyle there is - even if I am myself not that disciplined and sometimes go off track. But this particular community can be helpful - sharing experiences, tips, recipes, suggestions - and helping to make oneself (ourselves) more accountable ("What did you have today?").

So, just to try to 'reignite' the conversation on this thread: Today, for lunch, I had a leafy green salad with tomatoes, beans and sliced green peppers; mustard and vinegar dressing; and an apple (I was gifted a bunch last week, and I am trying to make sure they do not get spoiled!).

Dinner: to be determined.

Do feel free to give me a 'thumbs up' - to make sure this thread is being read by at least one person! or tell me what WFPB meal you have had recently...

Cheers

Yesterday, for dinner- I had buckwheat mixed with chickpeas, onions and tomatoes, topped with leafy greens and a simple mustard & light soy sauce dressing, and whole wheat bread on the side. For dessert: my staple mix of banana with dates, dried fruits and nuts (I used walnuts), topped with Tahini. All very good - and a predominantly whole-food, plant-based (WFPB) meal.

Let us re-educate our palates to appreciate the goodness of nature and whole (plant-based) foods! Healthy meals and tasty meals are not contradictory concepts as some would have us believe : - )

Yesterday I had a vegetable powerhouse soup - with leafy greens, onions, potatoes, carrots and tomatoes- accompanied by whole grain bread. For dessert: I had another slice of whole grain bread and spread banana on top of it, and topped it with dates, dried fruits, nuts and tahini…all nice

I have a lot of fruit and veg at the moment. I had mashed avocado on my toast this morning and I'm about to have a bowl of red grapes as a mid morning snack.

I'm making chickpea lettuce wraps for lunch with chickpeas, sweetcorn, grated carrot and tomatoes. I will probably add some vegan mayo or dressing.

The day before yesterday I had a vegetable quinoa ‘biryani’, topped with mustard and whole wheat bread on the side. Yesterday I also had vegetable quinoa ’biryani’ but this time I topped it with home-made basil and mint pesto (very nice!), whole grain bread on the side. For dessert, for both days: whole grain bread topped with mashed banana, nuts, berries, dates, dried fruits, cinnamon and tahini. Very nice!

Two servings of vegetable quinoa 'biryani', with various dressings (basil & mint pesto, mustard, tahini). Dessert: whole grain bread with banana, dates, dried fruits, nuts

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I've had a salad with lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, carrots, cucumbers, pickles, olives and hot peppers topped with homemade Italian dressing.

Yesterday I had farro, with chickpeas, water-sauteed broccoli & green beans, and mustard and light soy sauce ('Liquid Aminos') as dressing. Very nice (I am becoming a fan of farro). Plus, for dessert: home-made strawberry ice-cream, with no added sugar and dairy free, topped with walnuts and raisins..

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I have eaten so badly the past month and really overindulged this weekend!

I'm having a punnet of blueberries and some sparkling water. I wanted to make sun dried tomato soup as I had it the other day in a cafe. I forgot to buy any so I might just make a roasted tomato and garlic soup instead. I have lots of fresh stuff in my house at the moment along with rice, chickpeas, beans etc... so I am going to try and stick to this way of eating for a few days.

I'm also struggling. I have been good with breakfast of oatmeal, flax and blueberries.
Has cruciferous salad for lunch
Lentil soup for dinner

Reactions: Mazen and Emma JC
I really fancied a bagel with butter this morning, but I also had a banana and I was thinking of having a bean soup for lunch with jalapenos, fresh lime and salsa on top. I am going to make a green smoothie too.

Reactions: Mazen and Emma JC
Yesterday I was invited for a buffet lunch: I had a raw salad, cooked vegetables, a small portion of rice and (this is where I went off track a little bit): bread.

For dinner I had another raw salad, and then made my ‘mashed banana dessert’ (I mashed a banana and mixed it with nuts, dried berries, almond butter, cinnamon powder, dried coconut flakes and tahini).

Overall, it was all good - but I will need to cut down on white bread next time I go for such buffets…WFPB is the way to go!

Reactions: Emma JC