Whatcha eating WFPB?

Neither 100% WF but still PB:
Breakfast was a banana, a tangerine, and lightlife smart dog rolled up with sauerkraut in a whole wheat lavash.
Lunch 2 plain blackbean burritos .

Reactions: Emma JC
I had a banana, orange, kale and onions. Dinner will include air-fried potato wedges and steamed green beans. I also will have some frozen fruit later on.

I cooked kidney beans with red lentils in Instant Pot with curry powder and sauteed onions on stove. Added chopped spinach when done to wilt and added to the onions with a can of diced tomatoes, and some minced Thai peppers
Glad I didn't have coconut milk, it was very good without. Had over rice.
Okra would have gone well in this, reminded me of gumbo

Does anybody have tips regarding books, websites, or any other ressources that could help with getting more WFPB goodness into my diet?

I have the challenge that basically every day, I have no idea what I should eat. Around 11:00 a.m. I consider what I could have for lunch, and neither I nor my wife typically have any great, new ideas what to make. There are a few standards, like pasta, Chinese, a bowl or Pizza, but none of these are necessarily particularly healthy.

Some inspiration I had in the last time from others included:
- an Enchilada casserole (used this recipe but added sweet potatoes as a base: Mexican Tortilla Casserole (Vegan Enchilada Lasagna) )
- Shakshuka with vegan egg: Best Shakshuka Recipe (Easy & Traditional) | Downshiftology

Also, how do you plan your food? Does anybody do something like make a meal plan for the week and then get to buy the required ingredients? I guess that would be a smart idea and take the indecision out of what you want to eat every day...

So again, if you do have any great links or books I might buy, please let me know....

• Friendly

The above links are all from the forum, including healthier food blogs, the recipe section where there are tons of healthy dishes and
also Bosh TV who have many videos that contain simply delicious meal ideas.

How to plan meals? It all depends on what you like, your budget and how much time you would like to spend on cooking and food prep.

I never plan meals for the week ahead. My best friends are my freezer, my store cupboard. my air fryer and Instant Pot. I have all the basics (herbs, oil, vinegar, spices,etc) and lots of vegetable and fruit in the freezer. I usually use seasonal fruit and vegetables that I buy from discount stores. I make sure that I have pb protein on hand or ingredients to make seitan etc.

I usually plan a meal what I'm going to make either in the morning or mid afternoon. I make sure that I batch cook when a dish takes a long time to cook or prepare. I store whole cooked grains in containers in the fridge or freezer and add when making a huge salad. If I'm making a chilli in the IP, I usually freeze one portion and serve the following day with different added vegetables and or a slice of cornbread. When making a green lentil stew, I will make a cottage pie and the next day serve it with whole grain pasta and extra vegetables.
I like to experiment and never use recipes as they are only a source of inspiration.

On a daily basis my food is simple, wholesome and easy to make. You don't need fancy ingredients to make delicious meals. Be adventurous; don't be classic when making food and give it a twist.

Thanks a lot to all for the suggestions, especially @shyvas - WOW, that’s really helpful, thousand thanks!!!

Oh, another thing I like to cook is vegan potato goulash, the Hungarian goulash(or actually: Pörkölt)’s “poor cousin”, as it originally is not made with a lot of meat, but rather with cheaper potatoes, veggies, and a little smoked sausage for taste (I typically use smoked tofu):

My dinner was air fried potatoes with steamed veggies. I also had fruit as snacks, banana, clementine and a few grapes. Green tea with lemon.

I want to get the ingredients so I can start making Golden Milk daily again. I will try and look tomorrow.

I had forgotten I had some turmeric orange tea bags in the tea tin so I'm having a cup now along with some sparkling water and a clementine.

I am going to finally have porridge/oats for breakfast after buying them a while ago. I will cook them with water and then have some almond milk and sliced banana on top.

I am going to make air fried potatoes and air fried chickpeas for lunch with a big salad. I have lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper and red onion.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Not 100% WF for the day, but here's what I've had that's WF:
A big bowl of green grapes, a banana, a spinach salad with homemade Italian dressing, air-fried potatoes and sautéed spinach.

a tempeh stir fry with a black bean sauce--made from fermented soy beans. I've always been curious about that, and this is my first time making a sauce. Kinda disappointing, they just taste like strong soy sauce :laughing:

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I can't stand tempeh for some reason. I wish I did like it as it is meant to be very good for you.

I had a WFPB lunch, mashed potatoes with steamed broccoli. I have had a banana, mango and a clementine as well. I have had turmeric tea and green tea to drink. My shopping is arriving about 4pm so I will make some Golden Milk then. My husband is going to have a cup each day too.

I like tempeh, but I don't buy it that often. I like tofu better. :)

I've had a smoothie with a banana, blueberries, spinach, almond milk and ground flaxseed. For lunch, I'm going to have a chickpea cutlet chopped up in a salad. Dinner likely won't be WF, but that's two out of three, so not too bad. :)

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
a tempeh stir fry with a black bean sauce--made from fermented soy beans. I've always been curious about that, and this is my first time making a sauce. Kinda disappointing, they just taste like strong soy sauce :laughing:
my honey loves black bean sauce and he often has it in noodles/veggies at lunch time and sometimes we have it in noodles at dinner - maybe it was the combo with the tempeh

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15
my honey loves black bean sauce and he often has it in noodles/veggies at lunch time and sometimes we have it in noodles at dinner - maybe it was the combo with the tempeh

Emma JC
do you have a recipe? I have the fermented beans and just followed the basic recipes. Surprised they say to rinse, even soak then rinse!
I do think both tempeh and the fermented beans had a bitter quality, so maybe they conflicted?

• Friendly
I can't stand tempeh for some reason. I wish I did like it as it is meant to be very good for you.

I had a WFPB lunch, mashed potatoes with steamed broccoli. I have had a banana, mango and a clementine as well. I have had turmeric tea and green tea to drink. My shopping is arriving about 4pm so I will make some Golden Milk then. My husband is going to have a cup each day too.
I'm still not much of a fan and only use it because it is really good for ya--and my son really likes it.
Whoa--it is really good marinated in a liquid smoke, sage, thyme and cayenne, then browned on both sides adding marinade as needed till it all absorbs. I use this for tempeh reubens. Rye bread, thousand island dressing, sauerkraut, chese

It also works in tempeh sausage which I posted in recipe section. That's whole food and it's taste doesnt stick out

do you have a recipe? I have the fermented beans and just followed the basic recipes. Surprised they say to rinse, even soak then rinse!
I do think both tempeh and the fermented beans had a bitter quality, so maybe they conflicted?

we just use the jarred black bean sauce in the asian section of the store

Emma JC