What Did You Cook or Bake today?

Oh ginger scones sound great! I never had luck with scones, or maybe they're just not my thing? But I have made ginger biscotti and it was wonderful!
I got a 4.5 pounds of ripe bananas for $1 so I'm going to make banana walnut bread before I freeze for smoothies

Oh ginger scones sound great! I never had luck with scones, or maybe they're just not my thing? But I have made ginger biscotti and it was wonderful!
I got a 4.5 pounds of ripe bananas for $1 so I'm going to make banana walnut bread before I freeze for smoothies
Oh, wow, ginger biscotti sounds awesome! Nice score on the bananas!

Scones are hard for me because they are often dry. I know the are supposed to have a certain “crumb” texture but I don’t like dry. I was disappointed in three girls creamery scones because they were dry. I used to buy scones at Whole Foods in danbury. They were probably the best I’ve ever had. But then I never tasted PTree’s. 😁

I love biscotti but never make them because of needing to bake, slice, then rebake. I’m so weird sometimes. 🤦🏻‍♀️ 😁

I had an amazing non vegan recipe that were baked in those old fashioned metal ice cube trays. They were the best homemade biscotti I ever had.

Scones are hard for me because they are often dry. I know the are supposed to have a certain “crumb” texture but I don’t like dry. I was disappointed in three girls creamery scones because they were dry. I used to buy scones at Whole Foods in danbury. They were probably the best I’ve ever had. But then I never tasted PTree’s. 😁

I love biscotti but never make them because of needing to bake, slice, then rebake. I’m so weird sometimes. 🤦🏻‍♀️ 😁

I had an amazing non vegan recipe that were baked in those old fashioned metal ice cube trays. They were the best homemade biscotti I ever had.
All the scones I make are from The Joy of Vegan Baking. They are technically not moist like a muffin, but they aren't crumbly/dry like non-vegan scones. The chocolate chip ones are the least dry, IMHO. They are more like a biscuit, and I just love them. I just ate one of the ginger scones. Delish!

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52
I have a really simple cookie in the oven right now. All they contain are oatmeal, bananas, maple syrup and peanut butter! I added chocolate chips. We shall see how they turn out.
Report back…I’m curious!

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15
Those cookies aren't bad at all! You actually process the oatmeal in the food processer until it is a coarse flour. The recipe is from a site called She Likes Food.

A vegan laksa lemak.

20220517_175255.jpg

Its cold here at the moment, so a nice hot spicy meal was just what I needed.

I also made some scones during the week. Being from the UK, I don't mind drier scones (you slather them with homemade vegan butter and let it soak through when their warm). I made mine with my homemade soy yoghurt this time and it was excellent. The sharp bitter aftertaste that has sometimes been there was not there this time, so I think I'll do that again.

20220516_105047.jpg
We've just finished the last of them off. I keep them in the freezer and zap on the microwave for 30 seconds to defrost and warm through.

I know the thread title would imply past tense, as in "what did you cook or bake today" would suggest. So the truth is I haven't baked my bread yet, but I am going to bake bread today.

I love kneading the dough by hand. I love the feel - the texture of it. Anyhow, that is what I am baking today.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I made three batches of vegan sausages (my dad will be happy!) and a batch of zucchini cakes. I'm going to make black bean burgers and hummus today, and maybe a dessert. I also want to make soy curls chik'n salad. I need more hours in the day. :)

I made three batches of vegan sausages (my dad will be happy!) and a batch of zucchini cakes. I'm going to make black bean burgers and hummus today, and maybe a dessert. I also want to make soy curls chik'n salad. I need more hours in the day. :)
I have indeed made the black bean burgers, hummus and chik'n salad, plus the extra taco-seasoned soy curls. I'm going to make another batch of black bean burgers and I think banana chocolate chip muffins. And then I'm going to have a beer! This has been a busy food prep day. :)