What Did You Cook or Bake today?

Oh I want a piece!
I've had a craving for a dessert, but no idea of what kind.
I may make peanut butter cookies.
Or cinnamon rolls
But, if I go out I'll buy caraway seeds and make rye bread :grinning:
It’s pretty tasty…I made a lemon cream filling with so delicious coco whip and lemon instant pudding for the center. Then I smothered it in lemon frosting.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
Air-fried tofu coated in a little oil, soy sauce, garlic powder and chili powder. I used the tofu in a delicious burrito bowl for dinner. I think I will make soda bread tomorrow.

Well, I had bought a bag of bananas for .99 cents earlier this week. They were surprisingly still yellow and firm. My sons used all but 3, which by today got softer, so I made banana walnut bread in small silicone loaf pans I hadn't yet used.
Came out good, same Robin Robertson recipe I liked when I liked bananas.

I have bananas that need to be used up and wanted something lighter and fluffier than banana bread so I made banana oatmeal muffins. They’re really good! I will keep this recipe.

Well, i did none of the above planned cooking, haha. I crocheted and watched college hoops instead. :D I did make banana-chocolate chip muffins this morning, as my sister and a friend are coming over this afternoon. I ate half of one just to test because I hadn't made this recipe (it's from The Joy of Vegan Baking). Delicious. I will make these again and add walnuts.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I've been using my slow-cooker a lot lately. First I baked some Russett potatoes in it, then I cooked some navy beans, then I took out the beans and filled it with brown rice. Finally I did another batch of potatoes again. Now it's on my kitchen counter, clean and dry again.

Yesterday I baked some russet potatoes in my slow-cooker. Today I put in some water, heated it up, and then added the proper amount of brown short-grain rice. When the rice was almost done, I added some cleaned-off and chopped onion grass (sort of a wild, not-quite-so-tasty-but-MUCH-weedier relative of chives). When it was finished, I chopped up and added some garlic mustard (an invasive weed related to mustard greens- and I think it tastes like them too). The leftovers go in the fridge for tomorrow.

I'm taking a stab at making soy curls jerky today. I will research both wet brine's and dry rubs. I have a smoker I intend on using to infuse real smoke flavour in the jerky. It's really just a matter of finding the right brine or rub to get that authentic jerky flavour. Does anyone have any experience making jerky? Any advice would be appreciated.

I have tried many different plant-based foods as jerky, using brine concoctions or dry rubs. I've come up with a few tasty snacks using mushrooms, tofu and seitan. I'm hoping the soy curls will create a good end result.

I'm taking a stab at making soy curls jerky today. I will research both wet brine's and dry rubs. I have a smoker I intend on using to infuse real smoke flavour in the jerky. It's really just a matter of finding the right brine or rub to get that authentic jerky flavour. Does anyone have any experience making jerky? Any advice would be appreciated.

I have tried many different plant-based foods as jerky, using brine concoctions or dry rubs. I've come up with a few tasty snacks using mushrooms, tofu and seitan. I'm hoping the soy curls will create a good end result.

I love this recipe!
I do add a Tblsp of blackstrap molasses
No seasoned salt, less Braggs and more vegan worcheshire--or add tamarind paste if you have it!
Keep a watch on bake times. The longer it bakes it goes from chewy to crispy