What Did You Cook or Bake today?

silva

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Oh ginger scones sound great! I never had luck with scones, or maybe they're just not my thing? But I have made ginger biscotti and it was wonderful!
I got a 4.5 pounds of ripe bananas for $1 so I'm going to make banana walnut bread before I freeze for smoothies

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Oh ginger scones sound great! I never had luck with scones, or maybe they're just not my thing? But I have made ginger biscotti and it was wonderful!
I got a 4.5 pounds of ripe bananas for $1 so I'm going to make banana walnut bread before I freeze for smoothies
Oh, wow, ginger biscotti sounds awesome! Nice score on the bananas!

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Scones are hard for me because they are often dry. I know the are supposed to have a certain “crumb” texture but I don’t like dry. I was disappointed in three girls creamery scones because they were dry. I used to buy scones at Whole Foods in danbury. They were probably the best I’ve ever had. But then I never tasted PTree’s. 😁

I love biscotti but never make them because of needing to bake, slice, then rebake. I’m so weird sometimes. 🤦🏻‍♀️ 😁

I had an amazing non vegan recipe that were baked in those old fashioned metal ice cube trays. They were the best homemade biscotti I ever had.

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Scones are hard for me because they are often dry. I know the are supposed to have a certain “crumb” texture but I don’t like dry. I was disappointed in three girls creamery scones because they were dry. I used to buy scones at Whole Foods in danbury. They were probably the best I’ve ever had. But then I never tasted PTree’s. 😁

I love biscotti but never make them because of needing to bake, slice, then rebake. I’m so weird sometimes. 🤦🏻‍♀️ 😁

I had an amazing non vegan recipe that were baked in those old fashioned metal ice cube trays. They were the best homemade biscotti I ever had.
All the scones I make are from The Joy of Vegan Baking. They are technically not moist like a muffin, but they aren't crumbly/dry like non-vegan scones. The chocolate chip ones are the least dry, IMHO. They are more like a biscuit, and I just love them. I just ate one of the ginger scones. Delish!

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I have a really simple cookie in the oven right now. All they contain are oatmeal, bananas, maple syrup and peanut butter! I added chocolate chips. We shall see how they turn out.
Report back…I’m curious!

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15

Chryssie

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Those cookies aren't bad at all! You actually process the oatmeal in the food processer until it is a coarse flour. The recipe is from a site called She Likes Food.

Connie

Forum Senior
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
A vegan laksa lemak.

20220517_175255.jpg

Its cold here at the moment, so a nice hot spicy meal was just what I needed.

I also made some scones during the week. Being from the UK, I don't mind drier scones (you slather them with homemade vegan butter and let it soak through when their warm). I made mine with my homemade soy yoghurt this time and it was excellent. The sharp bitter aftertaste that has sometimes been there was not there this time, so I think I'll do that again.

20220516_105047.jpg
We've just finished the last of them off. I keep them in the freezer and zap on the microwave for 30 seconds to defrost and warm through.

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I know the thread title would imply past tense, as in "what did you cook or bake today" would suggest. So the truth is I haven't baked my bread yet, but I am going to bake bread today.

I love kneading the dough by hand. I love the feel - the texture of it. Anyhow, that is what I am baking today.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I made three batches of vegan sausages (my dad will be happy!) and a batch of zucchini cakes. I'm going to make black bean burgers and hummus today, and maybe a dessert. I also want to make soy curls chik'n salad. I need more hours in the day. :)

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I made three batches of vegan sausages (my dad will be happy!) and a batch of zucchini cakes. I'm going to make black bean burgers and hummus today, and maybe a dessert. I also want to make soy curls chik'n salad. I need more hours in the day. :)
I have indeed made the black bean burgers, hummus and chik'n salad, plus the extra taco-seasoned soy curls. I'm going to make another batch of black bean burgers and I think banana chocolate chip muffins. And then I'm going to have a beer! This has been a busy food prep day. :)