What Did You Cook or Bake today?

You’ve been a crazy cooking machine! 😍
LOL, indeed! I needed to restock the freezer staples, plus ... soy curls :heart_eyes:. I still want to bake the muffins, but I may wait until tomorrow. It's time to kick back and relax. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
I have indeed made the black bean burgers, hummus and chik'n salad, plus the extra taco-seasoned soy curls. I'm going to make another batch of black bean burgers and I think banana chocolate chip muffins. And then I'm going to have a beer! This has been a busy food prep day. :)

As much as I like black beans, I just can't abide black bean burgers. Do you make them in a special way, i.e. by adding extra ingredients and/or spices? :D

• Agree
Reactions: silva
That looks amazing. I miss my bread machine if only for the kneading process.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
As much as I like black beans, I just can't abide black bean burgers. Do you make them in a special way, i.e. by adding extra ingredients and/or spices? :D
Indeed, I do. I took elements from three recipes for my concoction. It includes lots of chili powder, a bit of cumin, some ketchup, garlic, onions, cornmeal (helps the burgers stick together and gives them a solid/crunchy exterior), soy or unsweetened almond milk, rice, ketchup and some hot sauce (if they're just for me; I skip the hot sauce if I'm making these for my parents).

Reactions: Raven and Emma JC
I think PTree did the chicken salad from here too.
I did, and it was delicious. My parents loved it! Today for lunch I made chik'n salad lettuce wraps. I have one serving left, and I think I will have it on a salad tomorrow.

I plan on trying the Filipino barbecue soy curls sometime this week. I think my dad would love them.

I did, and it was delicious. My parents loved it! Today for lunch I made chik'n salad lettuce wraps. I have one serving left, and I think I will have it on a salad tomorrow.

I plan on trying the Filipino barbecue soy curls sometime this week. I think my dad would love them.
I had them four days in a row. I will take a little break now lol. Maybe I’ll do the chicken salad next. I like the idea of lettuce wraps.

I had them four days in a row. I will take a little break now lol. Maybe I’ll do the chicken salad next. I like the idea of lettuce wraps.
I'm going to make the BBQ soy curls today. I don't have vegan oyster sauce, so I'm going to see if I can get some at the store. If not, I'll figure out a substitute. I have all the other ingredients. I think I will make some cornbread and a salad to go with.

I don't have vegan oyster sauce, so I'm going to see if I can get some at the store. If not, I'll figure out a substitute.

The vegan oyster sauce I have is just made with mushrooms. There are recipes available for homemade or if you can even find mushroom sauce in the Asian section of the grocery store that might work as well.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I'm going to make the BBQ soy curls today. I don't have vegan oyster sauce, so I'm going to see if I can get some at the store. If not, I'll figure out a substitute. I have all the other ingredients. I think I will make some cornbread and a salad to go with.
I used hoisin and it was really good. I couldn’t find any vegan oyster in any of my supermarkets.

Reactions: Emma JC
I used hoisin and it was really good. I couldn’t find any vegan oyster in any of my supermarkets.
I couldn't, either. I didn't end up making them because of work, lol, so I am going to make them today for sure. I don't have hoisin sauce, but I'm going to use teriyaki sauce.

Reactions: KLS52
I couldn't, either. I didn't end up making them because of work, lol, so I am going to make them today for sure. I don't have hoisin sauce, but I'm going to use teriyaki sauce.
Oh, my, these are delicious! It's a good thing I ate lunch already, or half of the pan would be gone. :D I love the kick they have, too. Just right. I'm going to make these for 4th of July and bring along a dipping sauce (which as yet to be determined. They don't even need a sauce, but it might be nice for a party food).

Reactions: KLS52