What Did You Cook or Bake today?

A lemon pound cake.
I must have read your mind because I've thinking about that, and now it's in the over :chef:.
I used Robin Robertson recipe for pound cake and added these True Lemon packets, as well as some lemon juice. Probably not as lemony as I'd like. It called for one cup of silken tofu 🙄.Didn't notice that till I dumped the 12 oz box in the bowl. I played with the oatmilk to compensate :shrug:

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I must have read your mind because I've thinking about that, and now it's in the over :chef:.
I used Robin Robertson recipe for pound cake and added these True Lemon packets, as well as some lemon juice. Probably not as lemony as I'd like. It called for one cup of silken tofu 🙄.Didn't notice that till I dumped the 12 oz box in the bowl. I played with the oatmilk to compensate :shrug:
Hope it turns out ok! 🤞🏼

• Friendly
Reactions: silva
I used this recipe. I don’t have yogurt so I sub Tofutti sour cream. And I don’t use lemon extract. Just lemon juice, generic brand. I had one wrinkled lemon and used that for the glaze. And no zest because I don’t like bits of tiny things in my cake lol.

Reactions: silva
I've made a chickpea & sweet potato Madras style curry with added mushrooms, red peppers and also kaffir leaves
which I bought in the UK. I'll serve it with some organic wholegrain rice and Alpro Skyr style yogurt as it's very fiery.

However, I don't have any bananas as I'm not at home and couldn't bring to many groceries with me to the place
that I'm staying at.

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
Refrigerator pickles! I get so excited when I do even simple things like this, lol.
I used two different kinds of cucumbers…the really small petite ones (I forget their official name, if they even have one) and a seedless organic one. I couldn’t find any good looking Kirby pickles that are usually used for pickling. They were wilted looking and I haven’t gotten to the farm stands yet…I’ve seen a few posts on FB from local places that have a few early harvests…one has beets and I really need to get there before they are gone! I tend to procrastinate and then lose out…Summer is going by too fast!

96328D82-070F-4BE5-9EF0-0A632660580E.jpeg

Refrigerator pickles! I get so excited when I do even simple things like this, lol.
I used two different kinds of cucumbers…the really small petite ones (I forget their official name, if they even have one) and a seedless organic one. I couldn’t find any good looking Kirby pickles that are usually used for pickling. They were wilted looking and I haven’t gotten to the farm stands yet…I’ve seen a few posts on FB from local places that have a few early harvests…one has beets and I really need to get there before they are gone! I tend to procrastinate and then lose out…Summer is going by too fast!

View attachment 27475

We call small cucumbers gherkins. Well done KL! :heart:

Reactions: KLS52
I love gherkins…they’re my favorite! These are bigger. But thin. I’ve never seen fresh gherkin/cucumbers. I would love to make pickles with those!

When I’m doubt post a picture lol. Oddly enough the small ones are just called mini cucumbers.
🥒 This is a cucumber emoticon. Not sure how it shows up for everyone else. It’s so cute! 🥒

25A5212B-4C0A-497A-8F66-6D23E940B533.jpeg163CD891-FF2C-441C-B243-8B1FA1FEFCB8.jpeg

Reactions: PTree15
I just ordered some mini cucumbers in my shopping for tonight. I think they taste really nice. I have gherkins in my fridge too.

Reactions: Emma JC
I made a batch of pesto using basil from my plant. I'm behind on the pesto this year because I was behind on getting my plants. I'm hoping to get 8 or 10 batches for freezing. I have 2 so far. My mom will probably give me some of her basil, though, so that might make up the difference in my eventual total. :)

I made a batch of pesto using basil from my plant. I'm behind on the pesto this year because I was behind on getting my plants. I'm hoping to get 8 or 10 batches for freezing. I have 2 so far. My mom will probably give me some of her basil, though, so that might make up the difference in my eventual total. :)
What nuts/seeds did you use? I've always used walnuts, but I saw a suggestion to use pumpkin seeds. Those sound really good
I had a pizza with pesto last wee and now want to make it again. I need more olive oil I guess

What nuts/seeds did you use? I've always used walnuts, but I saw a suggestion to use pumpkin seeds. Those sound really good
I had a pizza with pesto last wee and now want to make it again. I need more olive oil I guess
Oooooh, nice on the pizza with pesto. I love that, too. I use walnuts. Pumpkin seeds sound intriguing. I might have to try that.

Reactions: Emma JC
OMG…it’s so good!
I'm so glad you liked it! I might make that recipe again this weekend. I just finished up with the buffalo soy curls, so it's time for another recipe with them. Though I'm tempted to make the buffalo ones again, as they were just delicious, and I still have plenty of buffalo sauce in the fridge.

Today I made four batches of pesto with basil from my plants. Happy, happy! I have six batches in the freezer so far, so maybe I will exceed my goal this summer despite my being late with getting the plants.