What Did You Cook or Bake today?

I finally made more soy curls...the Jamaican barbecue. And guess what...husband saw them in the refrigerator and thought it was chicken so he made a sandwich on a roll with Russian dressing and just told my son it was really good. My son told him it's not chicken and husband was arguing, yes it is. Lol 😂

I finally made more soy curls...the Jamaican barbecue. And guess what...husband saw them in the refrigerator and thought it was chicken so he made a sandwich on a roll with Russian dressing and just told my son it was really good. My son told him it's not chicken and husband was arguing, yes it is. Lol 😂
That is awesome!!

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I obsessed over which cashew cheese cake recipe to use, and ended up doing the one I've always done, which is pretty much blended raw cashews with agar to set, in a graham crust.
I've used lime Kool-aid before, and today I used fresh lemon juice. Wish I had organic so I could have used the zest. I'd have liked more lemon flavor
Why do graham crackers here always have honey, even all the store and generic brands I find. Nabisco are the only ones vegan (except for very pricey marked vegan ones I guess 🙄 ), and they're twice the price.
I did buy a ready made crust from aldi that has honey. I was going to go with just pudding but anyway...
This is the kinda thing that stops me from saying I'm vegan. It's also the kinda thing that keeps me as vegan as I am!

I obsessed over which cashew cheese cake recipe to use, and ended up doing the one I've always done, which is pretty much blended raw cashews with agar to set, in a graham crust.
I've used lime Kool-aid before, and today I used fresh lemon juice. Wish I had organic so I could have used the zest. I'd have liked more lemon flavor
Why do graham crackers here always have honey, even all the store and generic brands I find. Nabisco are the only ones vegan (except for very pricey marked vegan ones I guess 🙄 ), and they're twice the price.
I did buy a ready made crust from aldi that has honey. I was going to go with just pudding but anyway...
This is the kinda thing that stops me from saying I'm vegan. It's also the kinda thing that keeps me as vegan as I am!
I wonder the exact same thing. They are fine without the honey! I can rarely find the non-honey version. :(

I did some food prepping today. I made Food Impromptu's Black Eyed Peas and Rice. It turned out pretty good. I' ll use a little less lemon next time, but it is still pretty tasty. I made a batch of brown rice, and Teriyaki vegetables and Tofu. That will cover my lunches and dinners for the next four days.

If I don't cook some meals ahead, I will end up popping some fast food in the oven.

I wonder the exact same thing. They are fine without the honey! I can rarely find the non-honey version. :(
I read the ingredients- every kind of sugar! Corn syrup, molasses, honey, and I think just reg sugar 😲
I've made it with vanilla sandwich cookies before, wish I'd thought of that, but I really just wanted something quick. I forgot the coconut oil, and glad I did, even though it doesn't set as well. I hadn't used that in so long and now got it for cheese.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Made some baked potatoes in the Ninja Foodi - they come out just terrific. Then I sauté some veggies with a dab of Better Than Bouillon caramelized onion flavor. The veggies I use are onions, garlic, cremini or Portobello mushrooms, very thinly sliced/julienned red pepper slices, chickpeas, and throw in a big handful of spinach at the last minute and cook until wilted. Then split the baked potato in half, sprinkle with a bit of nooch, and then spread the veggie topping on it. Really filling, nutritious, and quicker to make than waiting for an oven-baked potato. That is, if you don't mind pressure-cooking the potato and then air frying it for about 20 min (10 min per side) after that - it's worth it.20220904__NinjaFoodiBakedPotatoWithVeggieMedleyTopping.JPG

I made a simmered seitan yesterday and today shredded it up and pan fried it. I made a wonderful fat free gravy with the no chicken base broth, mashed potatoes with my mayo and garlic, and broccoli.
Loaded everything up with gravy :lick:
This really is my favorite dinner

That seems like a foolish price for graham crackers to me o_O
Some things I have price points I have a very hard time getting past!
Well the other grahams are 5.49!

That seems like a foolish price for graham crackers to me o_O
Some things I have price points I have a very hard time getting past!
I hear you on the price points, but that's actually not bad for the area. CT is a very expensive state to live in. :D

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
I made a simmered seitan yesterday and today shredded it up and pan fried it. I made a wonderful fat free gravy with the no chicken base broth, mashed potatoes with my mayo and garlic, and broccoli.
Loaded everything up with gravy :lick:
This really is my favorite dinner
That sounds delicious. Do you have a recipe yourself or a link to the recipe you use, which you (hopefully) wouldn't mind sharing? I know there are tons out there, but I tend to take strong recommendations over random recipes first :)