What Did You Cook or Bake today?

I made spaghetti aglio e olio with sliced black olives for my dad. He's been getting lax on cooking (he's 87), so my sister and I have been making some meals here and there to mix up the menu a bit. I saved one small serving for me because this is one of my all-time favorite dishes. I added red pepper flakes to mine, though, because I like a little heat. It's sooooooo good. I may throw some fresh basil in mine when I eat it.

I had that three nights in a row, lol. Minus the black olives. But that does sound good. I’ll have to add some next time. I usually add broccoli. I really like the shredded vegan parmesan from Aldi. I bought two containers when I went last time.

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I had that three nights in a row, lol. Minus the black olives. But that does sound good. I’ll have to add some next time. I usually add broccoli. I really like the shredded vegan parmesan from Aldi. I bought two containers when I went last time.
Have you had FYH parm? I used to really like it on pasta, but the last one seemed meh.
I don't even know if Aldi even still has their parm....

Wait...I just got Non Dairy Evolution, &, kappa carrageenan. I need to make cheese :up:

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Have you had FYH parm? I used to really like it on pasta, but the last one seemed meh.
I don't even know if Aldi even still has their parm....

Wait...I just got Non Dairy Evolution, &, kappa carrageenan. I need to make cheese :up:
Yes pretty sure I’ve had fyh and liked it. Haven’t had it recently.

today we are making split pea soup (yellow) with onions, celery, a bit of smoke and some soy curl crumbs and I made a Betty Crocker carrot cake with the rest of the liquid Just Egg - this time I am going to freeze it in small squares so that we have just a bit of it for dessert instead of eating a third of the cake at a time (this time I used water instead of oatmilk and I also used apple sauce instead of oil)

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

There is a restaurant that my dad has taken me to ever since I was little, and they have spaghetti aglio e olio on the menu, with the black olives option, which I have just loved. The broccoli sounds great, too, though. It's such a great dish.

I have made zucchini-banana chocolate chip muffins, zucchini cakes (faux crab cakes) and currently have spaghetti sauce cooking in the crockpot. I plan to make seitan sausages and possibly soy curls chicken salad. I need to make pesto and hummus, but that might be for tomorrow. :) Yep, it's food prep day!

Reactions: Raven and KLS52
I made soy yogurt, and gyro seitan. The seitan came out bready :confused:. First time since winter I did it in the oven and appartently too high heat. I used to default to 340, but followed directions for 350 without thinking. It's still good, I dislike the crust though. It'll be find with tzatziki.
Now I want to make pitas tomorrow, or maybe should leave it up my son
Tomorrows lentil soup

Cookies…I baked them and ate them but didn’t make them, haha. Sweet Lorens.

Reactions: PTree15
It isn't "cooking" but I bought some porridge and I want to start making overnight oats. I did try it before, but I didn't stick to it.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Made some pesto with fresh basil, evo, pumpkin seeds. I always add a sprinkle of garlic with sea salt just
before adding the pasta plus some grated vegan cheese.

once a year my grocery store brings in huge basil plants for $8 - yesterday I bought one and plan to make pesto too and then keep buying them until I have enough to last until next year

Emma JC

once a year my grocery store brings in huge basil plants for $8 - yesterday I bought one and plan to make pesto too and then keep buying them until I have enough to last until next year

Emma JC

I paid 2.60 Euros for mine. Sadly, my freezer has died so I'll just be able to eat the pesto during the next few days.