Trader Joe's

I prefer the Daiya mozzarella shreds to TJ's brand. I was disappointed.
They're nothing like Daiya. Someone mentioned they were Galaxy vegan shreds. I agree.
I thought they were good melted on enchaladas, they've got that sweet taste that needs heat.

Turns out they tasted fine in my tofu quiche. I was afraid they were going to ruin it but the quiche was good. I won't buy them again, though.

Turns out they tasted fine in my tofu quiche. I was afraid they were going to ruin it but the quiche was good. I won't buy them again, though.
Me neither.
I'm kinda on the fence on Daiya mozz. I get the cheddar once in a while for grilled cheese though! :lick:

The really weird thing is, I don't use the cheddar or mozzarella separately...I always use half and half. Not sure how that started but I like them combined whenever I use them which is mostly in my soup, quiches and pizza.

I just found out there's a trader joes a little less than 2 hours away! That's the closest I've ever lived to one - and I've never been in one.

I want to go there! There is one a couple hours south, but I've never been either. Rumors abound that one is opening here. :)

There seems to be one in every town in Southern California and I have just seen that their HQ's are in Monrovia CA.

Why don't you start a petition and send it to them ? I'm sure that they would get a lot of custom from people in Florida. Their stores always are buzzing with shoppers and it is the only shop where you have tons of people. I'm always amazed by how empty the shops seem in the US as opposed to Europe !

TJ's really do have the friendliest bunch of staff and I love the way they dress ; in bermuda shorts and Hawaian style shirts. They always have a big smile on their face !:D

http://ecorporateoffices.com/TraderJoesCompany-1749

Reactions: ledboots
For first-timers: Be aware that some vegan items will be labeled "vegan", but not all of them are. These are most likely the items that have older packaging that wasn't updated when the company started labeling vegan items as such. As a precaution, read labels for everything intensely. Don't assume that anything is vegan or even vegetarian. For example, the last time I checked, their instant miso soup has bonito as an ingredient. Bonito is fish.

My daughter likes TJ's, I'm going to have to have her take me to one when I go visit next month. Bonus that there are a couple of WF's as well, never been to one of those either.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
Ha ha...me too!! I bought six bags of the rice, lol. I know, it's a little excessive, but what can I say. :shrug:

I just saw the mozzarella shreds today. I think I'll stick with Daiya after reviews here. They didn't look that good in the package anyway.

I don't know how I even noticed them mixed in with all the diary cheese and right next to the meats. :( I always try to avoid even looking in that direction. I wish they would keep the vegan stuff more in one place. They do a little with the tofu etc, but other stuff is spread around. And I sure wish they had more vegan sweets.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread but has someone tried the "this isn't a tub of cream cheese" or whatever it's actually called? If I didn't miss anything in the ingredients, I think it is vegan.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread but has someone tried the "this isn't a tub of cream cheese" or whatever it's actually called? If I didn't miss anything in the ingredients, I think it is vegan.

It's similar to Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese. I've used it and it seems exactly the same to me.

Reactions: Kitties