Trader Joe's

I just tried some Speculoos cookies and boy are they delicious. I've never noticed them before, so I think they maybe new.
They had them as "Bistro cookies" which they discontinued, I think around Christmas time, repackaged, and released again as "Speculoos cookies". They are pretty tasty, especially with tea. As far as their snack foods go, I am a big fan of the Wasabi Wow trail mix, the pumpernickel pretzel sticks, and the Everything pretzel chips, all of which are vegan.

Our TJs now has vegan mozzerella, which someone noted was the Galaxy brand.
I'd just had the Galaxy vegan mozz, and it was okay melted. melts very well, and not so "gummy" as Daiya. It has a sweet taste that reminds me of something I can't place. I used it 0n enchiladas and it was really good!
TJ's is a finer grate, and to me tasted better!
They're both awful cold!

Our TJs now has vegan mozzerella, which someone noted was the Galaxy brand.
I'd just had the Galaxy vegan mozz, and it was okay melted. melts very well, and not so "gummy" as Daiya. It has a sweet taste that reminds me of something I can't place. I used it 0n enchiladas and it was really good!
TJ's is a finer grate, and to me tasted better!
They're both awful cold!

I've added this to my shopping list and can't wait to taste it.:D

I thought Galaxy "cheese" has casein in it. :confused:

ETA: Okay, my bad. I just checked. The original veggie "cheese" has dairy in it. But I didn't realize that they have a whole line of vegan, completely non dairy "cheese" products. ;)

btw, if you go to the Galaxy website, you can print out coupons. You can't use them at Trader Joe's, but obviously you can elsewhere.

Now Trader Joes has a lot of "veggie" cheese without actual milk but still- whatever that dairy stuff is they have.
Why? Does anyone know what they taste like? I would imagine they'd be just like vegan cheese. So many have soy, which I've always thought was awful in any kind of cheese.

And they "allude" to being vegan! If you just went vegan and saw "veggie shreds" or "rice cheese" why wouldn't you assume it's vegan-other than you're supposed to be reading everything.

Now Trader Joes has a lot of "veggie" cheese without actual milk but still- whatever that dairy stuff is they have.
Why? Does anyone know what they taste like? I would imagine they'd be just like vegan cheese.

From what I understand, casein makes the cheese more stretchy and melty, which a lot of people like.

Why? Does anyone know what they taste like? I would imagine they'd be just like vegan cheese. So many have soy, which I've always thought was awful in any kind of cheese.

And they "allude" to being vegan! If you just went vegan and saw "veggie shreds" or "rice cheese" why wouldn't you assume it's vegan-other than you're supposed to be reading everything.
I made that mistake years ago, thinking it was vegan. :mad:

I'm on a FB group that's trying to bring a TJ's to London. I love love that store (plus it's wicked cheap!)

If a TJ's does open up in London (which I don't expect any time soon), what would be the substitute for two buck Chuck? "Two pound Merlot" just doesn't have the same ring to it. :p

Just tried TJ's Japanese Style Rice with edamame and tofu. Wow, so delicious! I may go back right now and get six more bags. Comes frozen and can be microwaved or heated in a skillet. This and TJ's Orange Chick'n and I'm all set!

Just tried TJ's Japanese Style Rice with edamame and tofu. Wow, so delicious! I may go back right now and get six more bags. Comes frozen and can be microwaved or heated in a skillet. This and TJ's Orange Chick'n and I'm all set!

I'll look for this next time I'm there!

Reactions: KLS52
I prefer the Daiya mozzarella shreds to TJ's brand. I was disappointed.

I like how she said "we", lol. :)