Trader Joe's

I went to TJ's tonight. I was specifically looking for the TJ's Turkeyless Roast (Gardein under TJ's brand), and also scored a few other vegan goodies. I got the Crispy Strips, and a bag of Meatless Balls, both of which are new to my store!! Also new was a bag of dry seaweed salad mix, I got one and hope it's delicious. I didn't get any, but they now have silken tofu in shelf-stable packs now!

I also got a box of Maple Leaf Cookies, which appear to be vegan.

Reactions: Amy SF
Holy crap these maple cookies are delicious! And a mere 110 *per cookie.* :eek:

The box doesn't say "vegan," but here are the ingredients:
Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), cane sugar, organic palm oil, invert syrup, maple syrup, sea salt, baking soda, ammonium bicarbonate, natural flavor, soy lecithin.

The only allergy warning is for shared equipment.

I went to TJ's tonight. I was specifically looking for the TJ's Turkeyless Roast (Gardein under TJ's brand), and also scored a few other vegan goodies. I got the Crispy Strips, and a bag of Meatless Balls, both of which are new to my store!! Also new was a bag of dry seaweed salad mix, I got one and hope it's delicious. I didn't get any, but they now have silken tofu in shelf-stable packs now!

I also got a box of Maple Leaf Cookies, which appear to be vegan.

I love their soya ice cream.:lick:

Bet you can't eat just one! :p

"Natural flavor" can sometimes be an issue...although one would think in this case that "natural" would be maple. :D

Bet you can't eat just one! :p

"Natural flavor" can sometimes be an issue...although one would think in this case that "natural" would be maple. :D

Well how did you guess ? I only buy one carton 500 ml at a time !:(
Give me some ice cream and I'm a lost woman.

Reactions: KLS52

The box doesn't say "vegan," but here are the ingredients:
Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), cane sugar, organic palm oil, invert syrup, maple syrup, sea salt, baking soda, ammonium bicarbonate, natural flavor, soy lecithin.

The only allergy warning is for shared equipment.
I got Benton maple leaf cookies at Aldis. They sound like they're the same! And also delicious, at a high calorie count :eek:.

I got their wasabi seaweed snack on a whim (I hate seaweed!) I ate the whole box on one sitting! So wasabi, and salty! But at, what 60 cal? Yeah!

Went there 2 weeks ago. Now I have to go back for the turkeyless roast. Love Gardein!

Still hoping they'll bring back the mango sticky rice :(. Please write if you miss it too!

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
I went to TJ's today! Guess what I now have?

A box of maple cookies :D

And Cookie butter!!!!!!!!!!! Haven't tried it yet. It was funny, because I was looking up and down for it when I heard another woman say, "where's the cookie butter?" I stuck to her like glue and then she asked one of the stock persons and they showed her where it was...so I got one! :)

ETA: I bought two pumpkins to stuff and bake. Not sure what I'm going to put inside them yet. Maybe a gluten free bread stuffing in one and the cranberry bread pudding in the other!

I tasted the cookie butter...as good as everyone said! Just not sure what to eat it with... I tried it with banana thinking it would be good but it was a little odd. Might need its own thread.

Last time I was at Trader Joe's, they were sampling the Mediterraean Hummus and wheat pita bread. New. Favorite. Hummus. It comes in the tall tubs, and I've eaten half a tub in two days.

It's not labelled vegan, but appears vegan from the ingredient list.

I also got a bag of their new vegan mozzarella shreds (repackaged Galaxy), but I haven't tried them yet.

The Mediterranean has always been my favorite.

Once there was an older man with a list in hand, looking over all the hummus, slightly frustrated. He told me his wife sent him and just wrote hummus on the list. He had no clue which one to get. I told him the Mediterranean was really good and my favorite. He said that was good enough for him, grabbed a container and left. :p

Reactions: KLS52
I love the olive hummus, and the horseradish one is great when I am in the mood for something tangy. I remember the chipotle one being great too. I used it in recipes for the smoky flavor

The Mediterranean has always been my favorite.

Once there was an older man with a list in hand, looking over all the hummus, slightly frustrated. He told me his wife sent him and just wrote hummus on the list. He had no clue which one to get. I told him the Mediterranean was really good and my favorite. He said that was good enough for him, grabbed a container and left. :p

I have found the copy cat recipe for the dip on the following link :

http://sweetannas.com/2011/04/copycat-trader-joes-mediterranean-hummus-recipe.html

Reactions: Calliegirl
Last time I was at Trader Joe's, they were sampling the Mediterraean Hummus and wheat pita bread. New. Favorite. Hummus. It comes in the tall tubs, and I've eaten half a tub in two days.

It's not labelled vegan, but appears vegan from the ingredient list.

I also got a bag of their new vegan mozzarella shreds (repackaged Galaxy), but I haven't tried them yet.
Let us know what you think of the "Galaxy" vegan mozz, and how you used it!
I bought the Galaxy one and - don't know ?
It was different.
I don't suggest you try it cold though.....eww....very different from melty!

I love the olive hummus, and the horseradish one is great when I am in the mood for something tangy. I remember the chipotle one being great too. I used it in recipes for the smoky flavor

My Trader Joe's only had spots on the shelf for Mediterranean and plain.
I really really liked the texture - it's not gritty (like Athenos), but also not smooth-as-pudding (like Sabra).

I just tried some Speculoos cookies and boy are they delicious. I've never noticed them before, so I think they maybe new.