Trader Joe's

I never heard of them before joining this forum and VB. Looks like there is one 45 min away in Ohio where we are visiting next month... dunno if it's worth the trip.
I'm around Cleveland! Is it the one in Chagrin? It's worth it if you go before 10 am, and know what you want.
I also love their extra firm organic tofu. It's firmer than any, and a very good texture. I hate freezing tofu - awful texture.
Soy chorizo- so good on taco shells or nachos
the Nourish shampoo and conditioner- nice smell, no sulfates-(I said "Solutions" before and corrected it!)
Oatmeal ginger almond soap. Or tea tree
many frozen foods- website has vegan listings.
Soy ice creams if you can transport.
They didn't have Field Roast sausage when I was last there, don't know if discontinued, it was a good price
I don't think they have vegan cheese
Bonus is that Whole Foods is just down the road, closer to the highway.

I have shopped at TJs a few times....they are okay and about 1 half hour from me....I was tickled pink when I found out they were part of the aldis family cause my family has shopped at aldi for many years and like the quality and value of the products same at TJs.

peace:)

I'm around Cleveland! Is it the one in Chagrin? It's worth it if you go before 10 am, and know what you want.
I also love their extra firm organic tofu. It's firmer than any, and a very good texture. I hate freezing tofu - awful texture.
the Solutions shampoo and conditioner- nice smell, no sulfates
They didn't have Field Roast sausage when I was last there, don't know if discontinued, it was a good price
I've never seen Field Roast there.
They don't have any fully vegan cheeses.

I also get my toilet paper there - really, the best price I can find.
The Lavender laundry soap is nice too.
I use the Nourish shampoo and conditioner.

I haven't bought them in ages, but they sell an Indian Vegetable Masala veggie burger that I remember being really flavorful. They also recently started selling coconut oil at a really decent price. I still have a jar from my local health food store that I am using, but when it runs out, I would definitely replace it at TJs. My local one just started carrying watermelons for the season. $3.99 and they are nice a big. Way cheaper than any other place I have found. The one I just bought had a nice thin rind too, so there was so little waste.

I absolutely love WF's. They have such a wide selection of food and natural products, however they are very expensive and you don't get any deals there.

On the other hand, a stroll around the aisles makes a perfect food advendure day.

When I lived in NJ the TJ's was awesome. It was about 35 to 45 minutes away but worth the drive. The one here where I live now is only about 15 minutes away but it's not that great. They've done away with a lot of their vegan selections, like they don't have vegan ice cream anymore, they had chik'n nuggets that were vegan and cheaper than like Boca ones and you also got about twice as many and now it contains egg. Same for the veggie meat section it's really dwindled down. I don't go there for produce since ours carries hardly anything organic and I can go to the commissary on base and buy non-organic produce for cheaper, plus in the summer we've got tons of farmers markets which is where I usually go. The health food store here has good prices on organic produce and is closer to me too. They are also super vegan friendly and price-wise are very comparable to TJ's. I asked at TJ's once about why the vegan items were dwindling down the way they were and I was told that they just don't sell well. That surprised me since most of the vegans I know in my city shop at TJ's. They also don't carry daiya or any vegan cheese at my TJ's either. They one soy cheese and it's got casein in it.

I do love their rice sticks for pad thai and other Asian noodle dishes. Their wine and beer selections have always been good (in NJ they couldn't sell alcohol, that was a bummer.) and I also love their dried fruit and nut selections too. When I used to go to a dog and cat store next to TJ's I would stop in for those types of things but I switched my dog's food and that store doesn't carry what I feed them now so I haven't been to TJ's in a couple of months. I should go sometime and get some rice sticks, they are the best ever.

ETA: I also love Whole Foods. I've only been in one in Texas and I spent a lot of time there looking at every isle. I really wish my city had one.

I wish we had a TJ's here, for all the good things I hear about them.

I recently discovered Bulk Barn here though about 45 minutes away from me. Loads of veg*n stuff in bulk, and super cheap!

I absolutely love WF's. They have such a wide selection of food and natural products, however they are very expensive and you don't get any deals there.

There are ways to get deals at WF, but you have to work at it. I've managed to get some good deals if I watch the sales and use coupons. Plus, they offer a 10% case discount. On a few occasions, I have been able to purchase something that was on sale, used a coupon, and bought a full case for the extra discount. I'm not sure if they still allow this, but they used to also let you use a WF store coupon AND a manufacturer's coupon on the same item.
In my store, I have also been able to find a few things that are less expensive there than at other stores here. (Silken tofu, olive oil, Vegenaise, Earth Balance.)

Probably being the Mrs's family is from Akron. I'd probably fail on both counts getting there before 10 am and knowing what I want.

I just had Trader Joe's chicken-less mandarin orange pieces...they were amazing! :lick:

Probably being the Mrs's family is from Akron. I'd probably fail on both counts getting there before 10 am and knowing what I want.
I'm only familiar with weekend hours. After about 11 am you're elbowing people- not a big store- and parking is horrible- weekdays may not be as bad.

I can't get over they have the best carmelized onion veggie pizza--no cheese--but just so it's not vegan they've added honey! Please send your comments!
And....my first love with TJ's came from their mango sticky rice, which has been discontinued!
Are Field Roast sausages now gone?

There are ways to get deals at WF, but you have to work at it. I've managed to get some good deals if I watch the sales and use coupons. Plus, they offer a 10% case discount. On a few occasions, I have been able to purchase something that was on sale, used a coupon, and bought a full case for the extra discount. I'm not sure if they still allow this, but they used to also let you use a WF store coupon AND a manufacturer's coupon on the same item.
In my store, I have also been able to find a few things that are less expensive there than at other stores here. (Silken tofu, olive oil, Vegenaise, Earth Balance.)

I think that we'd get on like a house on fire.:pride: Getting all the best deals is like treasure hunting.
I love coupons and deals. I got some very good discounts and did tons of shopping at Home Goods, Ross's and TJ Max during my stay in CA and have some beautiful items. :clap:

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
Copied this from a TJ's email I got recently.

So if you live in or near those areas, start making up your TJ's list. :D