Trader Joe's

I really enjoyed the wholewheat and masa tortillas which were a great bargain at $ 2.20. The size, texture and taste was really great.
I also bought their vegan shredded cheese which didn't taste like cheese, however it did melt. I did find some Daiya Mozzarella shreds but further to your reviews didn't buy any. So far the Free From Cheddar cheese from Tescoe's is the winner.

However I find that their vegetables and fruit are very pricy. You can get cheaper deals elsewhere.

When I'm grocery shopping I don't like having to run from store to store to get what I need, so when I'm shopping at TJ's I'll get some fruit and/or veggies anyway.

The frozen Japanese rice was really good! I could smell the hijicki seaweed after cooking, and thought I wouldn't like it, but everything worked very well together! Good texture to it.

Shyvas- You found Daiya at TJ's?

The frozen Japanese rice was really good! I could smell the hijicki seaweed after cooking, and thought I wouldn't like it, but everything worked very well together! Good texture to it.

Shyvas- You found Daiya at TJ's?

Yes, however it was Mozzarella style and I prefer cheddar. Furthermore most of you lot gave it bad reviews, so once again I didn't try it.

I also found Daiya at FnE'y and Gardein in most of the food shops.

OT but I love my little TJ's shopping bag that I bought home. It makes me so happy !:D

Reactions: ledboots
I like Daiya mozzarella shreds. It's TJs brand mozzarella that I don't like. :)

Oh yeah- I had Galaxy vegan mozz shreds right before TJ's brand.
They were good on enchilada's- kinda sweet and creamy with all the spicy stuff- but nothing else.

I like Daiya mozz, but don't buy it anymore. I do buy the cheddar just for grilled cheese!
Why don't they have a ziploc bag?
Even underwear and socks come in ziploc bags sometimes. Never figured that out!
Is it like bonus- free ziploc bag with purchase so you can put things in it that should come in one!o_O

Oh yeah- I had Galaxy vegan mozz shreds right before TJ's brand.
They were good on enchilada's- kinda sweet and creamy with all the spicy stuff- but nothing else.

I like Daiya mozz, but don't buy it anymore. I do buy the cheddar just for grilled cheese!
Why don't they have a ziploc bag?
Even underwear and socks come in ziploc bags sometimes. Never figured that out!
Is it like bonus- free ziploc bag with purchase so you can put things in it that should come in one!o_O

I totally agree especially as these products are so expensive ; you want them to last. :up:

4b18ff1f-e.jpg

I didn't see my town in the Find a TJ's !!! :D

It's actually kind of curious that TJ's has yet to explore (as far as I know) branching out internationally, at least in Europe, considering that their parent company is Aldi, a German company.

It's actually kind of curious that TJ's has yet to explore (as far as I know) branching out internationally, at least in Europe, considering that their parent company is Aldi, a German company.

I didn't know that. We do have an Aldi's in my area ( two actually) but they are nothing like TJ's.

So I was shopping in TJ's today...they have food display racks positioned several feet from the checkout aisles. I was halfway through my shopping when I stopped my cart at one of the racks to check out what was on display. This was directly in front of one of the checkout aisles. The cashier stationed at that checkout apparently didn't have any customers, and saw me standing there in front of the checkout aisle. I guess I looked kinda dazed because she rushed over and started to grab my cart and said "Here, I'll get you started." I woke up from my daze pretty quickly and said "Oh, no! I'm not done!" She apologized and scurried away. I like eager and helpful employees, but she was a little TOO eager and helpful. :p

Nice thing about TJ's is that even the customers are helpful. I was trying to lift a large, heavy case of drinking water into my shopping cart, and a tall dude who wasn't an employee saw me and immediately rushed over to help me. That was nice of him. :p

Reactions: KLS52
So I was shopping in TJ's today...they have food display racks positioned several feet from the checkout aisles. I was halfway through my shopping when I stopped my cart at one of the racks to check out what was on display. This was directly in front of one of the checkout aisles. The cashier stationed at that checkout apparently didn't have any customers, and saw me standing there in front of the checkout aisle. I guess I looked kinda dazed because she rushed over and started to grab my cart and said "Here, I'll get you started." I woke up from my daze pretty quickly and said "Oh, no! I'm not done!" She apologized and scurried away. I like eager and helpful employees, but she was a little TOO eager and helpful. :p

Nice thing about TJ's is that even the customers are helpful. I was trying to lift a large, heavy case of drinking water into my shopping cart, and a tall dude who wasn't an employee saw me and immediately rushed over to help me. That was nice of him. :p
I think I posted this in the chat thread but since Amy was nice enough to pull up this thread I'll put it here, too. These are really good.
8enejubu.jpg