Trader Joe's

Wahhhh...I have TJ almond butter in the fridge. Will check it out. Not sure it's the raw one.

I absolutely love, love, love Basmati and Jasmine rice. And sushi rice. I don't eat any of it often because I try to stick with brown rice. Boo. :(

I absolutely love, love, love Basmati and Jasmine rice. And sushi rice. I don't eat any of it often because I try to stick with brown rice. Boo. :(

I also like Basmati and Jasmine but buy the brown/wholegrain version. I also love forbidden (Nanjing) purple/black coloured rice. I dislike sticky sushi rice as it is too mushy for my liking.:p

Reactions: KLS52
They have their pumpkin stuff out. :pumpkin:

They have Halloween Jojo's and Pumpkin flavored Jojo's. There was a group of employee's working in one area and I asked if any of them had tasted the pumpkin ones yet and they hadn't. So they opened a box and we all got to taste them :)
I ended up getting a box so it can at least taste like fall even if it feels like summer. :D

Pffft, Food Babe. . . I wouldn't worry about anything that article has to say, that lady is an attention-getting nut case.
Just because TJ's doesn't want to give into her demands, she assumes they're 'hiding' some evil secret (GMOs?!?! Could it be?!?! :roll eyes: ). I can't stand her and her sensation-seeking blog.

Pffft, Food Babe. . . I wouldn't worry about anything that article has to say, that lady is an attention-getting nut case.
Just because TJ's doesn't want to give into her demands, she assumes they're 'hiding' some evil secret (GMOs?!?! Could it be?!?! :roll eyes: ). I can't stand her and her sensation-seeking blog.
I have to agree with this. The more sensationalistic she can make her claims, the more money she makes from people clicking on her blog. Did you notice the little disclaimer she has about getting money when you click on affiliate links for products she does promote. If she makes TJ's sound bad, you're more likely to click on the products she promotes as good and safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52 and Scorpius
KLS, you might find this interesting. The comments are pretty funny too.

The “Food Babe” is an excellent object lesson in why people who are not qualified should not be dispensing advice to the public. Spouting uninformed opinions is one thing, but presenting information in an authoritative manner as if from an expert should not be attempted by the non-expert.

If you want to dispense useful information on your blog or website (not just opinion) then it is appropriate to cite credible sources and experts and to accurately convey their information. “These are the facts concerning flu vaccines, according to the CDC,” then quote the CDC directly, with a link to the source.

Unfortunately the web is cluttered with people who really have no idea what they are talking about giving advice as if it were authoritative, and often that advice is colored by either an ideological agenda or a commercial interest. The Food Babe is now the poster child for this phenomenon...

Food Babe Misinformation on Travel

I managed to avoid all the chocolate, but on my way to the front, there were holiday pound plus bars. Dark chocolate with almonds, cranberries, and ginger. How can you pass that up? :p

It turned out it wasn't as good as it sounded though, the ginger is really strong and overwhelming.

^^ Is it just me or are there only four sites listed here, not five? I keep counting, wondering if it was just the lack of morning caffeine making me miss something.

I only see four...eating, cooking, what's good and club. :)

Trader Joe's has vegan marshmallows and I finally got some. :starshower:

wn-marshmallows.png

Marshmallows