Trader Joe's

I was going to try these because they're so pretty, but wasn't sure what I could use them for. Regular pasta sauce didn't seem right. I've since read a review that they weren't that good.

wn-trofie-colore-pasta.png

Trofie Colore Macaroni

Reactions: ledboots
I was going to try these because they're so pretty, but wasn't sure what I could use them for. Regular pasta sauce didn't seem right. I've since read a review that they weren't that good.

wn-trofie-colore-pasta.png

Trofie Colore Macaroni

We get them over here but they are expensive. They are flavoured with spinach, tomato and I can't remember what the yellow ones are !

Are there any other new products for vegetarians ?
I got a box of Mango-os. Oat cereal with mango puree and freeze dried mango bits. It doesn't say vegan, but doesn't contain anything- no D or gel, but has the disclaimer "may contain milk, soy, wheat, nuts..." Well, does say cane sugar, but not organic...I like them. 7 grams sugar
No more shelf stable silken tofu, and they said out of light coconut milk, but the shelf didn't have a tag for it, so...
I did get the marshmallows! Sugary, but better than what I remembered marshmallows being like. I think like a cross between the dried ones in cereal and real. I made hot chocolate almond milk just to put a couple in, they really puff, or melt, just got soft-and good

Oh, I did see the cookie butter now comes striped with cocoa, but I don't care for cookie butter
They have dark chocolate batons -long rods of chocolate- at the register and I got one with expresso beans for .99 cents. Yay!
I didn't see the sprouted red rice with the veg curry I like in the frozen section

I got a box of Mango-os. Oat cereal with mango puree and freeze dried mango bits. It doesn't say vegan, but doesn't contain anything- no D or gel, but has the disclaimer "may contain milk, soy, wheat, nuts..." Well, does say cane sugar, but not organic...I like them. 7 grams sugar
No more shelf stable silken tofu, and they said out of light coconut milk, but the shelf didn't have a tag for it, so...
I did get the marshmallows! Sugary, but better than what I remembered marshmallows being like. I think like a cross between the dried ones in cereal and real. I made hot chocolate almond milk just to put a couple in, they really puff, or melt, just got soft-and good

Nothing much that I fancy. I like their multi grain tortillas and edamane crackers.

Looks like I'll be making a trip there tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I visited the Pasadena and San Dimas stores and bought some Mango flavoured soft liquorice, liquid & powered stevia, edamame crackers and Tofukey Italian sausages.

The liquorice has a fabulous taste however it is far too sweet and not as chewy compared to Lea & Darrel's brand. The stevia tasted excellent. I will have to test it for baking and see how the taste compares to NuNaturels brand.

I also picked up a poblano stuffed pepper which was disappointing as the pepper was partially cooked and tasted quite raw.

It is such a lovely store and there is always a lot of buzz going on.

Reactions: Calliegirl
They were sampling a new gazpacho soup when I went last week. It was pretty good and I ended up getting some.

Reactions: Amy SF
I love rugelach but it's so time consuming to make. I'm getting some next time I go to Trader Joe's, whats another 10 pounds, right.

I have never had a churro!

I have never had a churro!

They taste similar to a cinnamon sugar covered donut. Yummy.

For those who never had rugelach, they are like mini bite size danish. Double yum. :D

Reactions: KLS52
I almost bought the churros but they are frozen and have to be baked so I decided to wait for cooler weather.

I did buy two bags of the marshmallows. I'm going to make rice Krispy treats.

I also tried the vegetable Biryani. The dumplings were good but I did not like the rice at all.

Made it to Trader Joe's today and got my wraps and the rugelach. Also some spicy dill potato chips, plus the usual stuff I get.

The chips are good and just spicy enough that you can only eat one or two, which is perfect. Keeps me from scarfing down the whole bag at once.

I got the last container of rugelach, and ate one on the way to the car. I was so excited, and it wasn't very good. :no: It was very flaky and dry, not at all moist, so it was falling apart as I ate it. There was very little filling, and there were only eight small pieces, all around disappointing.

eta: I was wrong, the chips aren't spicy enough to keep you from eating half the bag.

somewhat-spicy-dill-potato-chips.jpg

Last edited:
Just at Trader Joes and found they have their own vegan mayo spread! It has pea protein, sounds like Just Mayo, and $2.29 for I think a 16 oz jar. I have two unopened Just Mayos and one truffle flavor Just Mayo that were on sale (it's really good!) so I didn't get any- but cool!
They no longer have the Good and Plenty candies anymore. Disappointed, but I got a tub of dark chocolate ginger I'd been avoiding all my other trips