Trader Joe's

Truffle flavor Just Mayo?! Must look for it.
You do need to look! It's a 12 oz squeeze bottle, and the word truffle is under Just Mayo, in pretty small writing. Not a strong flavor, but very savory. I had it on steamed kale and grains and fell in love

Reactions: Mischief
I just called my nearest TJ's today, to inquire if they have their pumpkin stuff in yet. The employee said they are just starting to rotate everything in now. Guess that means I'll be taking a trip there in a week or two to stock up on pumpkin EVERYTHING. I look forward to their pumpkin spice coffee. My boyfriend has a truck. This may be useful...

Reactions: Amy SF
They have some good stuff, its just so damn expensive sometimes.

It really does depend on the product. Fruit, vegetables and certain items are very expensive. On the other hand, some frozen food and certain other products are quite good value. I have noticed that very few people seem to do their weekly shopping at TJ's.

I like the fact that the stores are quite small, there is always a certain buzz and you never wait at the check out. They have tons of check out staff who are really friendly and helpful. Quite a difference compared to my local Lidl's where the staff are unfriendly and unhappy.

Reactions: Nebulous
I like the fact that the stores are quite small, there is always a certain buzz and you never wait at the check out. They have tons of check out staff who are really friendly and helpful. Quite a difference compared to my local Lidl's where the staff are unfriendly and unhappy.

The cheerfulness of the staff is what first struck me about TJ's, and has always been consistent. It's actually quite remarkable. I once commented on it as I was being checked out, and the woman laughed and said, "It's the drugs they give us in back!"

I always feel somewhat more cheerful after I've been at TJ's, simply because the interactions are so pleasant.

And yes, some of the products are very good value.

Reactions: Amy SF
It really does depend on the product. Fruit, vegetables and certain items are very expensive. On the other hand, some frozen food and certain other products are quite good value. I have noticed that very few people seem to do their weekly shopping at TJ's.

Yeah I could never afford to do my weekly shopping there. I do go in for a couple quirky items I cant find anywhere else and thats about it.

And I've found for the most part (with a few exceptions) that the customers are nice and friendly as well. :)

Reactions: KLS52
I think Trader Joe's has decent prices. I do shop only for myself.

I found a new product today: "Vegan Spread and Dressing. Inspired By Mayo" It's not refrigerated. I bought one. Yet to try it.

Reactions: Nebulous
I was there two weekends ago, seeking pumpkin things. I bought two cans of their pumpkin spice coffee, a box of pumpkin creme sandwich cookies, some Pumpkin O's cereal, and pumpkin tortilla chips. I will have to make a return trip soon. There were still rotating the seasonal items into their stock.

I'm not using my oven yet. Ready for the pizza dough and cinnamon rolls.

I tried the mayo spread. It's pretty good. A little tangy.

I was told by an employee that Trader Joe's no longer buys from Amy's. I know their vegetarian chili and split pea soup was Amy's and I don't like the new chili they carry. I tried the bean and corn frozen enchiladas. They are a bit spicier but they have more sauce. Since they are not Amy's, I'm not sure who is making them now.

Last trip I bought their dark chocolate coated crystallized ginger. It's in a clear plastic box just under $5.00
OMG, my favorite candy - OF ALL! Chocolove chocolates have a dark choco ginger bar but very hard to find and even pricier per ounce. These piecess are thickly coated with dark chocolate surrounding nuggets of crystallized ginger. YUM

Reactions: kita
I am a new fan of ginger. I'm going to have to look for these on my next trip there.

I bought some of the Japanese fried rice (vegan) from the freezer section and it's delicious. How did I not try this sooner? It is flavorful and reminiscent of sushi, due to the inclusion of seaweed, tofu, carrots and edamame. I highly recommend it, and I see now I am not the only one on this thread to do the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52 and Amy SF