Thoughts on supplements?

Thabo

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Vitamin B12 has been the main problem, and Vitamin D not too much of a problem since I live in a very sunny and hot country.

I am always using multi-vitamins and this has really helped with giving me enough vitamin B12 and all the other nutrients that tend to be missed as a vegan.

Reactions: Lou

Olychka

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
"They need..."?
"They" need whatever they are deficient in, and the best way to determine that is via a blood test. But B12 isn't a "they [vegans]" issue. If 40% of the population is B12 deficient, and only a very small percentage of the population is vegan, clearly it isn't just a "they" issue.
https://www.livekindly.co/b12-deficiency-genetic-makeup/
Vegan people do not take animal based food, so the supplements are very much important for vegan people. I am also vegan. Do you have any issue with this term "they"? Just asking.

Mbeth

Reaction score
Dr. Greger’s B12 Dosage Recommendations:
•One weekly dosage of 2500 mcg cyanocobalamin B12
•One daily dosage of 250 mcg cyanocobalamin B12
•2000 mcg methylcobalamin B12 per day
I’m confused- is it recommended to take a weekly dose AND a daily dose, or are those separate options?

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
A weekly dose OR a daily dose. B12 can be easily stored in your body for months. The issue (as I understand it) is that once you take a dose over something like 1 or 2 mcg the absorption rate plummets.

kelli

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I take b12, d, flax oil, chastetree berry, b6, magnesium.

SammyS

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan Newbie
According to multiple researches, the most useful vitamins are: Vitamins A, C, E, K and B Complex are the most beneficial for beautiful, healthy skin. Luckily, some of the best natural sources of those vitamins happen to be spring fruit and veggies. As for the meds and supplements in general, I personally trust Online pharmacy .