The VV "how to" guide

Also, I keep getting singing telegrams from people in bear suits, notifying me of 'likes' and responses to posts.

Go to your profile, select "Preferences", and untick the "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..." and " and receive email notifications of replies" boxes. Then go to your profile again, select "Watched threads", and you will have to untick the email notifications box under each thread.
For whatever reason, I did not have to manually uncheck each watched thread to stop the emails. I just had to uncheck 'automatically watch threads' and 'receive email notifications' then save my preferences. Once I was sure that they were stopped... I just rechecked 'automatically watch threads' without the email option... and I was done. Maybe I'm just special. :p

What's required in an intro thread ? I'm not interested in something that's like the "interviews" thread at VB.
Mostly just a formality, no real requirements. Just shows that you care enough about the community to introduce yourself and say hello. And no, it's nothing like the interviews threads. Have a look at the existing intro threads in the introductions forum.

I know about your sick little voting game in the NSFW area. Delete my account if that's how you're gonna roll.

You sure came up with some weird **** with the NSFW area with "conditions". Kinda goes right along with a lot of people's view that veggies are sexually dysfunctional.
Makes the mods/admin look like pervs, when you come up with "post in there or else you'll be locked out".
I know a lot of people join forums and just don't post much. *I* can respect that. Not everyone is a talker.
And I have to wonder, how long can you go without posting before you're then a "lurker" ?
What if you belong to that group, but don't even look at it at all for weeks ?
You're acting like people have naked webcam action going on in there, and it's just stupid.

A place to talk, like any other place. Hell, I can go read hundreds of sex forums without even becoming a member.

I'm seeing more and more clear why many people from VB refuse to join this place.

Oh, for crying out loud. I didn't join the sexuality user group because I've never been interested in talking about sex other than with people I'm intimate with or very close friends. I made that decision before I even read the conditions for joining that user group because (a) it seemed to me that it would be voyeuristic to read about others' sex lives if I didn't intend to talk about myself, and (b) I don't particularly care to learn details about the sex lives of people I know (again, other than those with whom I am intimate).

When I did read about the conditions placed on membership in that user group a couple of days ago, I thought they were very sensible.

If someone wants the titillation of looking in on others' sex lives, I am sure that there are plenty of places on the web where that can be done to one's heart content.

I have yet to find any evidence that would support a scenario like that.

Keep waiting for them to show up, and when they don't, even with how crap VB has become, you know something's not right with this place. But that's not even what I'm going by. *they* don't *want* to join.

Keep waiting for them to show up, and when they don't, even with how crap VB has become, you know something's not right with this place. But that's not even what I'm going by. *they* don't *want* to join.

And who are *they*?