The VV "how to" guide

Hmm I opted out of the sexuality forum, it really isn't for me, but I wonder if the contraception thread could/should be in health section? I don't know, it's the only one I really wanted to read, and also for me it doesn't seem to fit the tone of the rest of it, it's more of a health thing.

But yknow, it isn't a big deal! Just a thought.

Please feel free to start a duplicate thread in the health section, there's no reason we can only have it in one place :)

Same goes with the gender sub-forums. If someone posts a thread that you want the opposite gender's input on, you can always post a duplicate in a public area.

Reactions: Mel
Hmm I opted out of the sexuality forum, it really isn't for me, but I wonder if the contraception thread could/should be in health section? I don't know, it's the only one I really wanted to read, and also for me it doesn't seem to fit the tone of the rest of it, it's more of a health thing.

You can start one if you like. We don't have a problem with people starting threads in both places, if they want different kinds of input.

Reactions: thefadedone

Same here...I posted in your new thread! :D

Hmm I opted out of the sexuality forum, it really isn't for me...
I have dismembered myself (LOL) from all of the adults-only subforums actually...

To be honest, I just don't want to talk about anything that I couldn't talk about in front of everybody.

No secret memberships for me.

I'm looking for some help because I'm being a thicky.

I can't seem to work out how to upload pictures, I've managed to past one directly onto my post before but when I just tried that my image disappeared when I submitted by post.

Would someone mind letting me know how to attach pictures to posts (when I tried it asked for the URL but I don't get it as I'm not trying to post a pic from the website) either only the page directly, or as link, I've seen some with a show/hide icon etc.

If there is already a how to on this, please point me in the right direction.

Ta :)

I'm looking for some help because I'm being a thicky.

I can't seem to work out how to upload pictures, I've managed to past one directly onto my post before but when I just tried that my image disappeared when I submitted by post.

Would someone mind letting me know how to attach pictures to posts (when I tried it asked for the URL but I don't get it as I'm not trying to post a pic from the website) either only the page directly, or as link, I've seen some with a show/hide icon etc.

If there is already a how to on this, please point me in the right direction.

Ta :)

To post an image from the internet, you need to use image tags. You do this by posting:
Code:
[img]URL OF IMAGE[/img]

To post an image that can be shown/hidden, you put the image in spoiler tags like this:
Code:
[spoiler]CODE ABOVE INCLUDING IMAGE TAGS[/spoiler]

To post an image from your computer instead of the internet, click the 'upload a file' button, next to 'post reply', and select the file from your computer.

Below the box you type in theres POST REPLY and next to it is 'upload a file' :)

Sh*t, how did I not notice that?! haha

To post an image from the internet, you need to use image tags. You do this by posting:
Code:
[img]URL OF IMAGE[/img]

To post an image that can be shown/hidden, you put the image in spoiler tags like this:
Code:
[spoiler]CODE ABOVE INCLUDING IMAGE TAGS[/spoiler]

To post an image from your computer instead of the internet, click the 'upload a file' button, next to 'post reply', and select the file from your computer.

Perfect! I see now.

Thank you both very much :D

When I click on the 'home' page tab across the top, it just takes me straight to the 'forums' tab.

Is this the same for everyone or does is my browser just hating?

The forums are (and always have been) the 'home', as far as I'm aware...
Yes, but that might change in the future. The home link actually points to www.veggieviews.com, not forum.veggieviews.com. But currently the www just redirects to forum. In the future tho I might install a portal page on www, and have other subdomains for blog(s), articles, videos and so on.

Mods/staff: I was perusing the anonymous chat thread and have seen complaints about Americans posting too many American-only-type threads outside the U.S. subforum, so I have a question. If I have a U.S. restaurant I want to review/post about, should I do it only in the U.S. subforum? Thanks.

Mods/staff: I was perusing the anonymous chat thread and have seen complaints about Americans posting too many American-only-type threads outside the U.S. subforum, so I have a question. If I have a U.S. restaurant I want to review/post about, should I do it only in the U.S. subforum? Thanks.

If it's US-specific, then it's probably best in the US subforum, or even in the appropriate area (northeast, midwest, south, west) :)

OK- I figured out how to multi-quote in a post: hit "reply" to both posts you're quoting before you start typing in the reply box (something like that).

But suddenly I can't log off when I'm done on VV for the day. I could swear I was able to do that before.