The VV "how to" guide

OK- I figured out how to multi-quote in a post: hit "reply" to both posts you're quoting before you start typing in the reply box (something like that).
Yep, that would work! (If the posts are on the same page at least.)
But suddenly I can't log off when I'm done on VV for the day. I could swear I was able to do that before.
Is the problem that you can't see the "log out" button any more? A few others have reported that problem. I might add a "log out" link to the Help menu as a temporary measure. (Can you see the Help menu?) Here is a log out link for now ...
http://forum.veggieviews.com/logout/

Are you using a particularly old or weird browser? (If so, you could perhaps consider trying a newer browser ...) Or is your window / monitor a bit on the small side? (If so, try to stretch the window out horizontally so it becomes wider than the monitor, and see it the button appears then ...)

Hi I am having trouble unsubscribing to email alerts. I tried to follow the directions given, but the buttons I need are invisible on both of my mobile browsers. I currently have the emails just going into a folder, but I would like to stop them altogether. Thanks in advance. :)

Hi I am having trouble unsubscribing to email alerts. I tried to follow the directions given, but the buttons I need are invisible on both of my mobile browsers. I currently have the emails just going into a folder, but I would like to stop them altogether. Thanks in advance. :)
In the words of the Eagles... you can never leave!

I tried to upload a JPG file. It seemed but upload just fine.
But then I got an error message saying it was too big for the board.
What are the limits of JPG uploads?

I tried to upload a JPG file. It seemed but upload just fine.
But then I got an error message saying it was too big for the board.
What are the limits of JPG uploads?
All attachments are limited to 4MB. Image attachments are further restricted to be no more than 800x800 pixels. Maybe these limits are too restrictive? I suppose in this day and age I could allow for bigger files, at least more pixels on images. No (successful) uploads have been bigger than 2MB so far.

All attachments are limited to 4MB. Image attachments are further restricted to be no more than 800x800 pixels. Maybe these limits are too restrictive? I suppose in this day and age I could allow for bigger files, at least more pixels on images. No (successful) uploads have been bigger than 2MB so far.

Thanks for the info! :)

File is 2, 178 KBs according to Windows Explorer. Dimensions are 1223 x 647 according to Irfanview.

I'll try to play around with it to get the size down to within the parameters you mentioned.

I always re-size mine in paint just because it's easy as you can do it by pixels. It's the only use paint ever gets on my computer :p

Reactions: Second Summer
I always re-size mine in paint just because it's easy as you can do it by pixels. It's the only use paint ever gets on my computer :p

I was unable to re-size the pixel size with Irfanview, although Irfanview is supposed to do this. It did work well to resize the file size, though.

Here's a free on-line image resizer that worked for me.

http://www.resizeyourimage.com/

There might be better ones out there.

Reactions: Second Summer
How do I get rid of this annoying thing?

ScreenShot2013-10-15at12723PM_zps647e8b04.png

I never got around to uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome, but I did wipe my hard drive and do a clean install of OS X Mavericks.

Problem solved.

I think this question has been asked before, but I have not seen an answer.

Is it possible to PM (or the equivalent) another user/member on the board? If so, how?
Is PMing the same as Starting a Conversation?