The VV "how to" guide

Is there any way to disable smilies? I dont really like using them. Im odd like that. for example O _ o (with no spaces) to me is better than o_O

though i do like this one :pbun:

Is there any way to disable smilies? I dont really like using them. Im odd like that. for example O _ o (with no spaces) to me is better than o_O

though i do like this one :pbun:
Yes, use the PLAIN tag:
[PLAIN]O_o[/PLAIN] gives O_o

I have it set so I don't receive e-mails from here, but I'm still getting them.
You have to manually unwatch the threads you're still getting e-mail alerts from, by clicking Unwatch at the top right hand corner of the thread. Then you can watch them again and you will get forum alerts for them, but not e-mails.

Also, you can get a list of your watched threads by clicking the "Watched Threads" link in the top menu under Forums (next to "What's New?").

How to access the Sexuality forum?
Click on your username (with the little down-arrow) in the upper, right-ish area of the window. This will show a lot of options including "Join User Groups" which is the link you want to click. Then tick the "Not Safe For Work" usergroup.

"Not safe for work (Moderated) [REQUEST PENDING]" . Been like that for days. I guess they're thinking long and hard about whether or not to let me in there. LOL !

HELP!

1. Email notifications from VV are flooding into my inbox at a rapid rate and filling the damn thing up, not to mention my spam folder. How do I turn them off? *idiot*

2. Is a "conversation" on VV the same thing as a PM on VB? *total idiot*

also, and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but:

3. I was thinking about running a reusable bag exchange sometime this year on VB, but now I'm not so sure, since a bunch of people from VB (who might have been interested in participating) have defected to VV. Is this something that you guys are interested in participating in on VeggieViews instead? If so, how do we do this? I'm a mod on VB but not on VV. Would a VV mod be interested in organizing this? I'd love to participate in any case.

Reactions: thefadedone
Go to your profile, select "Preferences", and untick the "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..." and " and receive email notifications of replies" boxes. Then go to your profile again, select "Watched threads", and you will have to untick the email notifications box under each thread.

Yes.

That sounds like a good idea to me. I've never run anything like that or participated though.

:master: Thank you!

"Not safe for work (Moderated) [REQUEST PENDING]" . Been like that for days. I guess they're thinking long and hard about whether or not to let me in there. LOL !
The rules have been updated slightly. You have to post an intro thread + become an "established member" which means whatever the approving moderator thinks it should mean. Nice and vague. You look established enough for me tho, but we'll still need that intro thread.

3. I was thinking about running a reusable bag exchange sometime this year on VB, but now I'm not so sure, since a bunch of people from VB (who might have been interested in participating) have defected to VV. Is this something that you guys are interested in participating in on VeggieViews instead? If so, how do we do this? I'm a mod on VB but not on VV. Would a VV mod be interested in organizing this? I'd love to participate in any case.

:yes: Yes please!! I've been waiting for one.

Could we possibly do other swaps as well eventually? Such as a book exchange swap? Or a cd/dvd swap? I have books, music, and movies that I'd love to share with others.

Reactions: Amy SF
I LOVE exchanges and I especially agree with thefadedone that we should have things other than food or 'holiday' exchanges. I'm always going through my books and giving them to charity shops, but it'd be more exciting to swap them with another VVer.

If we have several different themes of swaps, we could have several throughout the year and hopefully everybody could find one they were interested in.

I LOVE exchanges and I especially agree with thefadedone that we should have things other than food or 'holiday' exchanges. I'm always going through my books and giving them to charity shops, but it'd be more exciting to swap them with another VVer.

If we have several different themes of swaps, we could have several throughout the year and hopefully everybody could find one they were interested in.

Yes exactly!

Reactions: Amy SF
Can we swap pets? I'm sure Violet the Cat would love to live with somebody else for a while. :p

(just kidding, obviously)

You mean like a pet exchange program... Violet the Cat spends a summer in France? I'm sure she'd look quite fetching in a beret.

There needs to be a book swap! I would happily help a mod to organise it.

Moar books <3