Animal Advocacy The Petition Thread

I don't understand it either. I think people are so afraid of snakes that they don't think of them as living, feeling beings. :(

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas
I don't understand it either. I think people are so afraid of snakes that they don't think of them as living, feeling beings. :(

I'm terrified of snakes but wouldn't harm one. They are also frightened of human beings and usually go in a different direction when you cross their paths. However, I have witnessed at least 3 snakes that have been killed over here in my neighbourhood. People just chop their heads off.

• Sad
Reactions: Chryssie
I joined a Facebook group called "What kind of snake is this? Florida" and it has been so helpful in my knowledge of snakes and greatly lessens the fear! I now know how to identify the venomous ones and know which ones are most helpful.

• Informative
I joined a Facebook group called "What kind of snake is this? Florida" and it has been so helpful in my knowledge of snakes and greatly lessens the fear! I now know how to identify the venomous ones and know which ones are most helpful.

Do you get deadly ones in your neighbourhood ? We get vipers over here and they hide underneath stones/rocks.

Florida has 3 species of venomous snakes, coral, pygmy rattlesnakes, and diamondbacks. Coral and pygmy are everywhere and people post pictures of them all the time. You have to be careful around piles of leaves, bushes, rocks, etc. I have never seen any of the venomous varieties. There are helpful black racers around the complex. They will eat rodents and other snakes so are "good guys."

• Informative
Florida has 3 species of venomous snakes, coral, pygmy rattlesnakes, and diamondbacks. Coral and pygmy are everywhere and people post pictures of them all the time. You have to be careful around piles of leaves, bushes, rocks, etc. I have never seen any of the venomous varieties. There are helpful black racers around the complex. They will eat rodents and other snakes so are "good guys."

I didn't realise that snakes eat snakes. I suppose it's the same as fish and birds......the big ones eat the small ones. Poor things.