Animal Advocacy The Animal Activism/Rights/Welfare thread

1709890477709.png

"It is a tradition to eat lamb for Easter. The lambs are slaughtered in New Zealand and sent to Europe. Lots of lambs are just thrown away too.
Crazy what's going on in this world!
You carve animals around the world, so it can be "deluxe" during Easter!
Just born, fattened for Europe, to end up on the shelves of Discounters. And not only "deluxe" but even gourmet - this is how Discounter advertises.
The lamb comes from New Zealand or Australia. When they have reached a certain slaughtering stage, they are thrown onto a truck and are carted to a slaughter factory. There they are then slaughtered, their meat is frozen and sent on a long journey with a cold ship for weeks. When these refrigerated ships have then arrived in Rotterdam, the refrigerated truck will continue.

If it's not Easter, they'll end up in the Discounter's coolers as a special offer for little money.

Europe is a major exporter of meat worldwide, but also an importer, because meat from other countries is often cheaper. Although the EU produces mass meat, it is imported from far away countries because it is cheaper - animal cruelty!"

1710358571065.png

Cows meat for Muckdonalds

Muckdonalds are animal abusers.

"This truck was on the ferry here in New Zealand heading from Wellington to Picton. A vegan friend photographed it. She said the cows eyes looked so dead. She talked to the driver and he said they were going to be used for McDonalds. I can't believe how skinny these babies are. I know they don't give them any food or drink for a few days before a trip because they don't want them to wee or poo on the floor but they have been starved for a long time. This absolutely breaks my heart. Just one of the reasons I am vegan."
Post by Ann Robson

vegankit.com

1711436088323.png

This picture was taken by this child's mother. He participated in a school project via which he had to raise two baby lambs to be auctioned in a market and then sent to the slaughterhouse to be murdered. He put a lot of love and took great care of them. He hugged them, cleaned them, played with them... Shared his life with them, they became his friends, his family.
The day of the auction, he broke down in tears and was not the only one in his class.

1711449282699.png1711449315301.png
1711449408970.png

T Scott Farm-USA

We are selling these live chick starter kits for Easter

Each colored chick comes with a box, bow ,bedding, and a week's supply of extra chopped food. All you could possibly need is a lil light or a heating pad on low and a towel to set the box on. I did make extra holes on side boxes for more vents.
I have only a limited supply has I'm hatching up till the day. I can give what I got. Pm ,text ,or call if you are interested. Fcfs. Thanks.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: PTree15 and Tom L.
^^^ "Laid with love productions"??!! I was wondering if the chicks had enough ventilation, but evidently the boxes have holes which aren't visible in the photo. I hope anybody who takes any of these chicks in realizes they'll need more than "a lil light or heating pad and a towel to set the box on"!!!! I have an unpleasant hunch that the farm knows the chicks probably won't live long enough to need more spacious quarters. I was wondering what "Fcfs" meant, but I suppose it means "first come first served".

^^^ "Laid with love productions"??!! I was wondering if the chicks had enough ventilation, but evidently the boxes have holes which aren't visible in the photo. I hope anybody who takes any of these chicks in realizes they'll need more than "a lil light or heating pad and a towel to set the box on"!!!! I have an unpleasant hunch that the farm knows the chicks probably won't live long enough to need more spacious quarters. I was wondering what "Fcfs" meant, but I suppose it means "first come first served".

I have reported this farm to the authorities which has proved difficult to do.

Off course they will all die or simply get killed, once Easter is over.

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15
1711695008422.png

This year's #EmptyTheTanksWorldwide event is just a few weeks away!

For dates and times, please see individual location details at: https://fb.me/e/9JMYNsNcK
MORE locations to be added soon- stay tuned!

These peaceful and educational demonstrations are organized to unite our voices against the worldwide captivity industry. If you'd like to add a location, email out team at contact@dolphinproject.com

About the gas chamber for killing pigs just above: I think that is one way they render animals unconscious before actually killing them (by cutting major blood vessels in their necks). If it's what I've read about, they use carbon dioxide- which all animals exhale- but I don't know how humane it is. I think it depends on whether a certain species' urge to breathe is caused by a high concentration of carbon dioxide or a low concentration of oxygen.

1713277799548.png

" This is my dad and my forever home is now in the UK. I heard a rumour that I was destined for the meat market somewhere in China. Oh well, you know some people make up stories! Do you really think that there are people that would harm a gorgeous boy like me?''

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15