The introductions thread

Hello, forum I'm new here, greetings from the UK!

Over the years I've been a bad vegetarian for about a decade, and dabbled with veganism for a mere few months. I plan to try going vegan again (if anyone can help with this question). I do like the taste of meat and cheese, so I'm glad that substitutes are so good these days, and I made my first seitan from flour this week (promising, but needs work!). My favourite dishes are spag bol and porridge. I actually enjoy vegan cooking most, as there is plenty of scope to think outside the box and experiment.

Hola & :welcome:

I'm also a huge fan of homemade seitan.

Reactions: Daxx
Hello, forum I'm new here, greetings from the UK!

Over the years I've been a bad vegetarian for about a decade, and dabbled with veganism for a mere few months. I plan to try going vegan again (if anyone can help with this question). I do like the taste of meat and cheese, so I'm glad that substitutes are so good these days, and I made my first seitan from flour this week (promising, but needs work!). My favourite dishes are spag bol and porridge. I actually enjoy vegan cooking most, as there is plenty of scope to think outside the box and experiment.

welcome to the forum!

Cooking vegan is so much fun, especially when you remember that it is all about flavour... if you are careful to flavour your foods like you did before then you won't miss anything. I also love spag bol and porridge and throw everything but the kitchen to sink into my porridge to make it not only tasty but also use it as a vehicle to get in all the healthy items I might otherwise not eat.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Hi, I'm Pax and I'm new to the forum :)
I work remotely on a daily basis, and I am a postman (great job, I recommend: D) Vege I have been for a good few years and I am very happy that more and more people are switching to this diet. I have heard "aa, because it's such a fashion" so many times - possible, but what a wonderful fashion !! I hope he will stay with us: D
I am also pleased that there are more and more substitutes in stores. When I started being vege, there were only vegan sausages next to me, and now? I can find virtually anything I want

Hi, I'm Pax and I'm new to the forum :)
I work remotely on a daily basis, and I am a postman (great job, I recommend: D) Vege I have been for a good few years and I am very happy that more and more people are switching to this diet. I have heard "aa, because it's such a fashion" so many times - possible, but what a wonderful fashion !! I hope he will stay with us: D
I am also pleased that there are more and more substitutes in stores. When I started being vege, there were only vegan sausages next to me, and now? I can find virtually anything I want

welcome Pax!

Happy to have you here.

Emma JC

hello @GentleDove71 and welcome to the forum

Wishing you all the best in your journey to a new plant-based lifestyle, you have a very wise doctor!!!

Keep it simple and don't fall down the rabbit hole of "raw" or "keto" etc - enjoy your food and spice it the way you always have done.

We are here to help where we can and look forward to following along on your journey.

Emma JC

Reactions: GentleDove71

Wishing you all the best in your journey to a new plant-based lifestyle, you have a very wise doctor!!!

Keep it simple and don't fall down the rabbit hole of "raw" or "keto" etc - enjoy your food and spice it the way you always have done.

We are here to help where we can and look forward to following along on your journey.

Emma JC
I agree about the Keto
Plant based is best for our bodies.

Emma JC
Thank you Emma for the warm welcome and advice it is greatly appreciated . Yes our doctor is very wise we simply asked her what diet we should follow her answer was Plant-based !

Reactions: Emma JC
I tried a few times to stick to a plant-based diet and was only successful once I heard Dr McDougall on Coast to Coast in 2016 and realized that a starch based diet was one that I already loved and so the transition was made so much easier. Then I discovered Dr Greger and Dr Barnard :heart: and then was more fully able to embrace the Esselstyns and discovered lots of plant-based Youtubers to follow.

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
Hi all! I just got here, I'm from the UK and have been vegan for years :grinning: I'm also very tired today so I can't think of much else to say :D Look forward to chatting to you all, it's nice to find a forum that is still active! :smitten:

Hi all! I just got here, I'm from the UK and have been vegan for years :grinning: I'm also very tired today so I can't think of much else to say :D Look forward to chatting to you all, it's nice to find a forum that is still active! :smitten:

welcome to the forum - we love getting new members and it is so nice to have a mix of 'vegan for years' and 'transitioning vegans'

Looking forward to your input.

Emma JC